October 2015 Moms
Options

Baby dropping already?

Anyone else feel like this is happening. I'm waddling all of a sudden and getting those sharp shooting pains in the va-ja-jay. Yes, I called it that;) Second baby here and I'm feeling that "lightening" that they describe happens when the baby starts to engage in the pelvis. Just feel like it's kinda early to have this happen. I'm 34 weeks and 3 days. I don't think I'm going to make it to my due date!

Re: Baby dropping already?

• Options
    SMGoodlettSMGoodlett member
    edited August 2015
    I am 32+5 days and I am having the same things. It's not all day long, but the sharp lightning pains are there, bad enough that I was having issues making it through Walmart!
    Baby hasn't stuck to one spot yet but she's been lower than normal too. My DH and I have both been feeling like she won't make it to 40 weeks but since I'm a FTM, my family insists she will either wait until then or come late.
  • Options
    I had the same sensation at 33-34 weeks. Almost feel like I need to pick baby up and hold baby a bit higher so it's not so low. I also find that when I bend over its kind of a "ouch" sensation on my bladder/vajayjay. Lots of pressure!
    Yay, this means we are getting closer to seeing our sweet little one kicking away in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember people telling me, "Oh, you'll go late. You haven't even dropped yet!" And that was the day before I had my daughter...so I have a hard time with this whole "dropping" situation. I didn't feel it with her and I didn't visually look any different when I was in labor than I had weeks before (aside from the cringing and body contortions ;) ). I am excited to see how different the end of this pregnancy will be! Maybe I'll feel the dropping, too, this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i had these sensations a lot in week 33. sharp shooting pains (to the point where if i was walking i'd need to stop) with a lot of downward pelvic pressure. 35 weeks + 3 days now and not really feeling it as much-- it may have been when the baby turned head down, i don't know. now my back just hurts a lot. he's definitely low down there-- i just had an ultrasound last week confirming he's head down, but my doctor said there is no reason to think this means he's coming early. she said the sensations will probably come and go along with contractions but since i am a first time mom there's no expectations for him to be early. that being said she said any time after 36 weeks if i go into labor they won't stop it so from now on, it's just wait and see!