Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

How common are evap lines?

I took a Walmart brand red dye test at 6 pm and nothing was there. I left it on our bathroom counter and looked at it a couple hours later when I went to throw it away.. There was a very very faint line. I know that you aren't supposed to look at them after 10 mins but I've taken tons of tests and have never had an evap line before. How common are they?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How common are evap lines?

• Options
    I've never looked after the time window was up. I don't want false hope. I seriously doubt it's a positive if you are looking that late, and sounds like you know that too.
  • Options
    I took a Walmart brand red dye test at 6 pm and nothing was there. I left it on our bathroom counter and looked at it a couple hours later when I went to throw it away.. There was a very very faint line. I know that you aren't supposed to look at them after 10 mins but I've taken tons of tests and have never had an evap line before. How common are they?
    I know evap lines are much more common with blue dye tests, but they can still happen with pink dye tests. I don't have a statistic on exactly how common(or rare) they are. I would take another one tomorrow and make sure you read the results within the timeframe set by the manufacturer.

Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have taken two of the Walmart red dye tests myself this weekend. I took one on Friday and one this morning. Both were white after ten minutes but had a faint pink line hours later. I am thinking these are Evap lines. I'm going to test with a FRER tomorrow morning in an attempt to clear up the confusion.
  • Options
    I've gotten two evap lines and a dye run from cheaper pink dye tests within the last week. Then took a FRER and it was BFN. So I think it's common, but keep testing if you're not sure.
  • Options
    I've had evap lines with cheaper tests, even pink dye, after the alloted test time. It's happened to me several times in the last few years.
  • Options
    Save yourself the the disappointment and confusion and do not look at the test hours later. There's a reason the packaging says not to. Evap lines don't happen on every test, but I've seen them more times than I can remember.

If you have to put a light behind it, stare at  it for hours, or crack it open to see a line, then I'm sorry girl, it's negative. FRERs are pretty much the gold standard around here.

Good luck to you! 
  • Options
    I have had a bunch of evaps.   I even got one on OSOM tests, which I had read you never get evaps on, but I did. I never trust a line unless it popped up during the time frame, or I can back it up with lots of other tests. 
  • Options
    I think PPs covered the evap line question.

I just want to add that if either of you with evap lines retest and get a true positive, please do not bump this thread to let us know.

If you're KU, announce in the TWW thread *if* you've been participating there. Otherwise go to your BMB - it's nothing personal, you'll just find ladies there who will be much more likely to be excited for you.

If you're not KU this cycle, I'd suggest ordering some Wondfos on Amazon for next time around and, like PP said, follow all test instructions including when to view it.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Just take another test...
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Yes - I've had that happen with the $.88 Walmart tests but haven't had it happen with First Response or even blue dye tests. That's why i dont buy the Walmart cheapies anymore, there was definitely a line there but  FRER was a BFN. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    As others have stated just keep testing and try not to look at a test after the time limit listed on the box of the test. Also try using a few different brands like the FRER. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Options

Pretty common. Follow the directions on the test. :-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    WSU2015WSU2015 member
    edited August 2015
    @letyourheartbeyourguide
    I'm more of a lurker than a poster so I'm very aware of board etiquette.
  • Options
    WSU2015 said:
    @letyourheartbeyourguide I'm more of a lurker than a poster so I'm very aware of board etiquette.
    No worries! I figured with all the drama over the last few days, better to be safe than sorry :)

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Preach. It's been wild. :)