February 2016 Moms

Monday BMW and Randoms 8/31

DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
Favorite TV Mom

Re: Monday BMW and Randoms 8/31

• I'm going to bitch about my appetite. I was starving when I woke up, I eat and suddenly get the urge to vomit! Really?! Make up your mind stomach!

• I thought I was going to be able to make it until 20 weeks sleeping on my stomach. But this weekend it started to become uncomfortable. Even after this LO is out I won't sleep on my stomach because with BFing I don't want to squish my boobs. So here goes a year and half or so of uncomfortable sleeping. :((

• Loading the player...
  • I'm exhausted and I sit in a cubicle so I can't get a 5 minute rest. Contemplating curling up into a ball under my desk in the one spot that no one walking by could see but I would be so mortified if someone caught me.
  • I hate mondays. Also, I have been experiencing this burning sensation on one specific little area of my right boob. I cannot explain it in any other way than it feels like it's on fire under the skin. It started about 2 weeks ago, was on and off, but starting on Friday it became more constant and severe. I finally called my dr when they opened this morning and now I have an appt to see a doctor (not my usual ob) this afternoon. 
    I resisted the entire time to ask google what this is, but after I called the doctor, and they immediately scheduled me to come in, I couldn't resist. I should never have. It can range from just an infection to a really aggressive form of breast cancer. Now I am kicking myself for googling it. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • I hate mondays. Also, I have been experiencing this burning sensation on one specific little area of my right boob. I cannot explain it in any other way than it feels like it's on fire under the skin. It started about 2 weeks ago, was on and off, but starting on Friday it became more constant and severe. I finally called my dr when they opened this morning and now I have an appt to see a doctor (not my usual ob) this afternoon. 
    I resisted the entire time to ask google what this is, but after I called the doctor, and they immediately scheduled me to come in, I couldn't resist. I should never have. It can range from just an infection to a really aggressive form of breast cancer. Now I am kicking myself for googling it. 

Oh no, how scary!  Could it just be your skin stretching?  Keep us posted.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Monkeybutt80 Google. The one place where you could have a grey eyebrow and all of a sudden you're dying of hypothermia.
    Let us know what the doc says and fingers crossed that you can get some relief!
  • @BabySeaTurtles - belly sleepers unite! Sleeping on my belly started being uncomfortable 2 weeks ago, so I suffer on my sides and sciatic pain! I wish I could make a hole in my bed!!

@Monkeybutt80 - T&P that everything turns out okay.

Oh no, how scary!  Could it just be your skin stretching?  Keep us posted.

I don't really know. I hope it's something really minor like that. The skin surface doesn't hurt at all, and it's very concentrated small area on my right boob but deep inside. I didn't make the connection until the nurse was asking questions when I called, but I had a fever, chills and general body aches last two days, which I had chucked it to catching something from my son who has been suffering from a cold for about a week. But now I am thinking maybe it's sings of an infection related to the boob pain. Hopefully I will have a definitive answer later today.

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • FX for you @monkeybutt80-- hope Dr. Google doesn't know what he's talking about and it's just normal growth/stretching pains.

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• lclelanlclelan member
    edited August 2015
    Currently dealing with stabbing hip pains when I walk. Sounds like pelvic girdle pain but I had no idea it could hurt THIS bad. A couple times it's made me stop mid sentence. Worth calling my doctor over? Or should I just wait until my next appointment September 11?
  • @MonkeyButt80 - Hoping for a minor or non-issue! Keep us updated.

• @MrsJG3 I completely agree with this! You're still giving birth; whether it comes out your belly or vajay... I think of "natural" as doing without any type of meds- maybe that is wrong as well?!
  • @MrsJG3 I completely agree with this! You're still giving birth; whether it comes out your belly or vajay... I think of "natural" as doing without any type of meds- maybe that is wrong as well?!

I personally like the term "un-medicated." I think using the word "natural" implies that other methods would be "unnatural." I think it perpetuates moms feeling less than about their birth experience.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• I ate nearly half a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream last night.  There are still lingering repercussions for my actions this morning.  And yet somehow, I still want to go home and do it all over again.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Katty422Katty422 member
    edited August 2015
    Lol! I finally bought some last night! Edys! Have not opened it yet only bc husband made me some s'mores cupcakes which are amazing! :) I need to be good! But I Def will have some tonight!

I ate nearly half a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream last night.  There are still lingering repercussions for my actions this morning.  And yet somehow, I still want to go home and do it all over again.

Hopefully it's just A little infection and nothing major. I never dealt with clogged ducts or mastitis but maybe it's one of those things from your boobs growing and prepping for baby
  • Katty422 said:
    Lol! I finally bought some last night! Edys! Have not opened it yet only bc husband made me some s'mores cupcakes which are amazing! :) I need to be good! But I Def will have some tonight!
    JEALOUS. S'mores cupcakes sound perfect. I've wanted chocolate cake with peanut butter icing for like 4 days but would happily settle for a smores cupcake! Have one for me :)

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• Katty422 said:

JEALOUS. S'mores cupcakes sound perfect. I've wanted chocolate cake with peanut butter icing for like 4 days but would happily settle for a smores cupcake! Have one for me :)

Mmmm I really want banana bars with a cream cheese frosting. I saw it on Pinterest pinned by one of my people i follow.

Maybe we need a current craving thread!!
  • wisco29 said:
    Katty422 said:
    Mmmm I really want banana bars with a cream cheese frosting. I saw it on Pinterest pinned by one of my people i follow. Maybe we need a current craving thread!!
    Have you seen banana bread bars with brown butter (lots of Bs I know haha) frosting? They're insanely delicious. I can't make them anymore or I'll eat half the pan myself. Cream cheese frosting is my absolute favorite though :x I second the cravings thread!

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• I thought I was going to be able to make it until 20 weeks sleeping on my stomach. But this weekend it started to become uncomfortable. Even after this LO is out I won't sleep on my stomach because with BFing I don't want to squish my boobs. So here goes a year and half or so of uncomfortable sleeping. :((

I'm the same way. I'm always shocked at the PP threads where people are immediately like, "yay!!! I can sleep on my stomach!!!!" I'm all, "you can??? When I do, I'm in pain and end up with puddles of breastmilk allll over the bed.."
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Got back from my long weekend yesterday and I missed my bed so much! I wasn't allowed to nap which just made me a cranky biznatch.  Did not want to wake up this morning for work. Really, really, really want to go back to bed right now.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016

I had this w/ my previous pregnancies and no answers as to what it was/is.  I haven't had it yet w/ this LO.  It was really annoying though and it was exactly what you described; burning sensation under my boob.  No red spot, rash, etc., like it was from the inside only.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Katty422 said:

I ate nearly half a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream last night.  There are still lingering repercussions for my actions this morning.  And yet somehow, I still want to go home and do it all over again.

How do you make smores cupcakes?! Smores are my most fave thing in the world so I need to make these cupcakes!
  • Katty422 said:

How do you make smores cupcakes?! Smores are my most fave thing in the world so I need to make these cupcakes!
    I'm sure there is an awesome Pinterest recipe but if you want to cheat I have seen this at target and then the frosting is separate.
    Bonus when I googled it there was even a price and says it's available at Walmart
  • Ugh.....acid reflux. Can.not.stop.burping. :(
  • Katty422Katty422 member
    edited September 2015

Katty422 said:

He actually bought a box. It had everything you need but the icing! It was Betty crocker or Duncan Hines one of those. Seriously I didn't think they were going to be good but oh man they were very moist and super yummy!! Go to your local grocery store I'm sure they have it. They also have Reese pb cup next time I am trying those!