October 2015 Moms

Am I Even Alive?

I feel like every women reaches a point in their pregnancy where they give up and give in to the survival period of the journey.
I'm 33 weeks and 2 days...
And.....I'm over it!!! The honey moon phase came and passed like a whirlwind and I'm left with nothing that fits, a very odd sleeping pattern, constant fatigue, FIRE BREATH and what feels like a few broken ribs!!!
Who else is just done being pregnant?

Re: Am I Even Alive?

• I'm done being pregnant. Today I feel like just standing is too much! I feel like my lungs are being crushed when I stand in place. I couldn't sleep very well last night. I probably woke up 10 times to switch sides because my back was killing me!
  • This! I'm in survival mode after waddling to the bathroom at 4:30 in the morning and having terrible heartburn and backaches. Last night it was "he'll be here in just a few weeks" now it's "a few WEEKS?"
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally agree! 36 days here and counting them down ! I am a baker/ cake decorator and for 15+years I have never had any carpel tunnel issues.... Well last week it all started! Both of my arms go numb while I sleep and my forearms are swollen all day long. I am a FTM and I've had a pretty easy pregnancy but I can't take my arms going numb all night long, I sleep like crap anyways and I constantly switch from side to side and now it's even worse. Ugh
  • SO over being pregnant! I want my comfort and energy back.. I was not this miserable with my 4 year old until the last couple of weeks. I'm only 31 weeks and 2 days. Waaaaah!
  • Yep. Survival mode all the way. Showing up at work on time to do the bare minimum and silently cry until I can get away with going home. Sleep deprivation combined with not eating enough combined with bad back combined with just plain being 32 weeks pregnant with some other not so fun stuff going on means... I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO LOSE IT! Talked to hubby and he wants me to go on maternity leave a week before EDD instead of working up until my EDD, he's my saving grace and is working OT to make it happen (feeling like one lucky girl, here) so 7 more weeks of BS... just wish it could be 7 more hours! I really do love and appreciate being pregnant, I just want to go back to bed and hibernate for a while is all! 
  • mak1020 said:
    I totally agree! 36 days here and counting them down ! I am a baker/ cake decorator and for 15+years I have never had any carpel tunnel issues.... Well last week it all started! Both of my arms go numb while I sleep and my forearms are swollen all day long. I am a FTM and I've had a pretty easy pregnancy but I can't take my arms going numb all night long, I sleep like crap anyways and I constantly switch from side to side and now it's even worse. Ugh
    I found out last Friday that I have carpal tunnel... didn't even realize that was something to get while pregnant. I had the numbness at night and lots of swelling. My midwife recommended wearing wrist braces/stabilizers while sleeping to keep from pinching the nerve in my wrist at night. I've tried it for two nights now and am still getting used to wearing them, but they seem to be helping.
  • I want baby to be healthy but yeah, this just sucks. I realize I have to take it easy, and rest often but I've gotten to the point where my weekends are for SLEEPING and that's about it. Saturday we took our dog to the lake, and on Sunday the only thing I managed to do was go to the grocery store. I laid on the couch and mapped the rest of the day.

Tired of my bladder being useless, not being able to breathe, random heart racing and dizzy spells recently. Can't ever get enough water in me it seems.
  • I'm in bed... It's my day off... And I'll probably be here until 2 or 3. :-\" meanwhile the yard goes unmowed, the laundry undone the dishes unwashed... My house is a wreck! When will I find the energy to put together my hospital bag and install the car seat!?! Ughhh... 46 more days... 46 more days... 46 more days...etc
  • I'm over it! I want my body back, I don't want to huff and puff anymore, I want to sleep on my back, I want to sleep period! It's nice having baby grow and bond with me but I feel like 9 months is a bit long right now haha. I'm so thankful for being pregnant, don't get me wrong, but ok I did it I'm done.
  • I've been in bed rest the last three weeks after going into preterm labor. This Wednesday I'll be 34 weeks... I'm so over this $#!t. I hate to be so blunt and negative... It's just hard to stay positive everyday when your stuck in bed/sofa, uncomfortable like no other time ever, bored, feeling fat and smelling gross after literally half a day, aches and pains from laying down, heartburn, and just pretty much gaining weight on the daily... :'( I just want to be done being pregnant.

• emilymw14 said:

I've been in bed rest the last three weeks after going into preterm labor. This Wednesday I'll be 34 weeks... I'm so over this $#!t. I hate to be so blunt and negative... It's just hard to stay positive everyday when your stuck in bed/sofa, uncomfortable like no other time ever, bored, feeling fat and smelling gross after literally half a day, aches and pains from laying down, heartburn, and just pretty much gaining weight on the daily... :'( I just want to be done being pregnant.

...you don't need to feel bad for complaining! I can't imagine being in bed rest. I hope the remainder of your pregnancy and your deliver are smooth!
  • cmjn94 said:

...you don't need to feel bad for complaining! I can't imagine being in bed rest. I hope the remainder of your pregnancy and your deliver are smooth!

Thanks! I hope so too.
  • beetsbeesbeetsbees member
    edited September 2015

emilymw14 said:
    I've been in bed rest the last three weeks after going into preterm labor. This Wednesday I'll be 34 weeks... I'm so over this $#!t. I hate to be so blunt and negative... It's just hard to stay positive everyday when your stuck in bed/sofa, uncomfortable like no other time ever, bored, feeling fat and smelling gross after literally half a day, aches and pains from laying down, heartburn, and just pretty much gaining weight on the daily... :'( I just want to be done being pregnant.

It'll be over soon and you'll have a beautiful baby to love and care for:) Get some company and maybe plan a tea party in your living room...

• I feel the same way. I'm very thankful I have a husband who doesn't openly complain about my lack of house chores being done. I am so over being pregnant and it certainly doesn't help when people ask you haven't had that kid yet? I love my LO but I'm excited to have my body back.
  • Over it!! Lol! Yes. I have six more weeks, which feels like an eternity! I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I want to hold my baby! I want to be done being pregnant!!! Hurry up, October!!
  • I am so over this! I love my baby but I want my pre baby body back, sleep, low bp, normal looking feet. I want to be able to do for myself. I just know i won't take those things for granted anymore.