Trying to Get Pregnant

BD 2 days before ovulation - no symptoms :-(

Hi guys! I am new to this site and this is my first question. so this is my 2nd month TTC and I have been using OPKs, temping, and checking CM. I had EWCM and a positive OPK on Saturday CD18. DH and I BD on CD16, 17, 18, 20. on Monday CD20 I felt horrible pains on my right side all afternoon and figured I ovulated. well, I have been temping on fertiliyfriend.com as well but it says I ovulated on Wednesday CD22 based on my temps! I am so confused and worried that DH and I didn't BD enough! so my question is, have any of you gotten your BFP by BD-ing 48 hours before ovulation? am I still in the running? I am currently on 5DPO according to fertilityfriend.com, and 7DPO according to my own judgments. AF is due 09/07/15. I don't have any symptoms at all actually, no sore boobs, mild cramping every now and then, and sticky CM if I really go in there and check, but it is dry when I wipe (sorry TMI). Any stories/experiences/information will be of great help! thank you!!!

Re: BD 2 days before ovulation - no symptoms :-(

• MamaBishMamaBish member
    edited August 2015
    It's actually recommended that the best time to have sex is 2 days before ovulation.

FYI, symptom spotting will drive you batty and is not recommended (although I'm often guilty of it as well!). But fwiw, 5 dpo is WAY too early for any symptoms to appear.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• This is a TTGP board so many of us have not gotten a BFP. So we don't know the answer to your question. We also don't encourage symptom spotting. Wait and take a HPT, that's the only way to tell. Yes your still in the running. Stay on this board and please lurk. Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, sperm can live in fertile CM for up to five days. As long as you had sex during your FW you are still in the running. It only takes one. It's still way too early for symptoms and symptom spotting will drive you crazy. Also, everyone's experience is different so sticking to the facts is best. Good luck!
  • thank you for your responses!

@mamabish - thanks, yes I have been going crazy thinking about every twinge I feel. I feel much better hearing that 2 days before ovulation is prime. thanks for that!

@halesh5 - sorry duh I should have known that before I I posted that question, sorry. I will def stay positive and pray for a BFP. thank you!

• @Norien no problem!! Stick around and you will learn a lot! Hope your stay here is short!
  • @beachbunnyxo123 - I have heard of sperm living 5 days but I guess I am just paranoid. considering this is only my second month TTC, symptom spotting has already taken over me. I need to stop thinking so much and just be patient! thanks for your advice and GL to you too :-)
  • It's hard, for sure ... But we've ALL been there, symptom spotting and making ourselves crazy. Take a few deep breaths, find something else to keep your mind busy and hang in there. You're doing all the right things ... I hope you get your BFP. If not this month, don't despair. It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. You're among friends here.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Try to distract yourself as much as possible. As frustrating as it is, remember that even with perfect timing there's only a 20% chance of conception each cycle. Check out the Ultimate Guide post pinned at the top of this board for lots of resources.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• @kaydeeaye - thank you, I am going to try to do something to distract myself, as I have a week left before I test. I will be disappointed I guess if I get BFN this month again, but I know it takes the perfect timing. I really want a baby as it has always been a dream. I was so positive it would work quickly for me since im only 26 but I guess every one is different!

@letyourheartbeyourguide - thank you and cool I will check it out def! it is frustrating, hats off to everyone whos been trying so much longer than I have. GL to all of you as well. I hope to update with some good news end of this week :-)

• I agree with everything PP have said. Also feel free to jump into the daily TWW thread. It helps to hear from women at a similar point in their cycle. Also this would be the best place to update any BFP info (as long as you have been participating). If you choose not to become active then no updates are needed and continuing to the BMB is typical.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua - thank you for the info, where can I join the TWW thread?
  • They are posted every day you can normally find them on the first page (i.e TWW - Monday, WTO Tuesday, etc.) Here is a link to todays.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Let's see your chart.

Sex on the day before ovulation or two days before ovulation are the best timing you can have. Ovulation day is not that great.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• @thebarg7of9 - sure, here is my chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5daa63

I did have a couple of days where I was not able to temp at the same time. also, I am a mouth breather/snorer so not sure how accurate my temps would be!

• Norien said:

Hi guys! I am new to this site and this is my first question. so this is my 2nd month TTC and I have been using OPKs, temping, and checking CM. I had EWCM and a positive OPK on Saturday CD18. DH and I BD on CD16, 17, 18, 20. on Monday CD20 I felt horrible pains on my right side all afternoon and figured I ovulated. well, I have been temping on fertiliyfriend.com as well but it says I ovulated on Wednesday CD22 based on my temps! I am so confused and worried that DH and I didn't BD enough! so my question is, have any of you gotten your BFP by BD-ing 48 hours before ovulation? am I still in the running? I am currently on 5DPO according to fertilityfriend.com, and 7DPO according to my own judgments. AF is due 09/07/15. I don't have any symptoms at all actually, no sore boobs, mild cramping every now and then, and sticky CM if I really go in there and check, but it is dry when I wipe (sorry TMI). Any stories/experiences/information will be of great help! thank you!!!

QFP

No one else's answer will make a difference for you...

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• You have decent timing, actually. If this isn't the cycle for you, you may want to consider temping vaginally. It'll take out the variable of mouth breathing
    image image
  • "have any of you gotten your BFP by BD-ing 48 hours before ovulation?"

With DS we had sex on Halloween & based on the dating ultrasound & my paper chart (FF too) I ovulated on or around November 1rst or 2nd.

Basically it's best to have sex & have sperm waiting to catch the egg when it's released.

However, if you aren't relying on temps & just CM/OPK you could have an LH surge with no egg release (it's common & happens throughout your cycle) then you could have missed ovulation.

The only thing you can do is wait.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @Norien - agree with PP. You should be okay, but definitely check out the TWW daily threads. That's where you can discuss your symptoms and find a bit of sanity with the other ladies who are in the same position as you during your cycle. 

Also, I typically try to find some house project to keep me busy during the waiting period. This way I'm focused on something and symptom spotting the whole time. 

Good luck!
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Norien said:

@thebarg7of9 - sure, here is my chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5daa63

I did have a couple of days where I was not able to temp at the same time. also, I am a mouth breather/snorer so not sure how accurate my temps would be!

Chart looks fine. I agree with fertility friend that you are 5 dpo. Regardless of whether you are 5 dpo or 7 dpo, it's too early for symptoms. I am six weeks pregnant and hardly have symptoms.

Also O-2 is great timing, so stop stressing about that.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• @TheBarg7of9 - thanks for looking at my chart. ok I feel relieved that 2 days before O is good. so I will stop stressing about it. congrats to you by the way! a happy and health 9 for you :-)

@meg032085 - thanks for the info. I sure need to distract myself since I still have a ways to go.