January 2016 Moms

Finally feeling flutters!

this weekend I've started feeling the "flutters" everyone talks about. I can only feel them if I am lying on the back but it's really cool!! I can't wait until my husband can feel the baby move too.

Re: Finally feeling flutters!

• Does it feel like nervous butterflies? Im a FTM so i have no idea what im meant to be feeling
  • How exciting! :) I personally think it feels nothing like butterflies, but everyone is different! I think it feel is more like gas or your tummy kind of grumbling a little. It can be hard to distinguish between other tummy sensations at first. @louiseac86
  • Loading the player...
  • I THINK I may have felt them for the first time this week (18w) too...but I'm still on the fence about whether it was her or gas, haha. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Very rarely does it feel like the butterflies or feather to me. I think the first few times it felt that way. Now it's more like popcorn popping. Kind of like gas. Sometimes you get a rolling sensation if baby is making a big move I guess (kind of like running your fingers over your skin) and sometimes a jab. The jabs feel like someone tapping on you from the inside. My husband felt it for the first time last night. Such a special moment!
  • Gas bubbles or popcorn popping. I too have never felt "flutters" but that's how lot of people describe it. I'm 21w5d and DD is feeling them too. She likes to watch mommy's belly bounce when the baby goes crazy.
  • Congrats! @emzie54 that is EXACTLY how I would describe mine too.
    ME (31) DH (44) DSD (10) DSD (7)

IVF following failed VR.....

"The snow falls, each flake in its appropriate place."

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine were definitely like a rolling sensation. I rarely eat sugar and I had eaten a bunch of lifesavers that day and I think it might have been partly the sugar making the baby move. Now that I know what it feels like I am noticing the smaller movements.
  • Orange juice has made both of my girls move like crazy. We used it last time before the 20w scan so we knew she wouldn't be lazy and if everything under the sun didn't give me massive heartburn I'd probably do it again.
  • I wasn't sure at first as I'm a FTM but feeling more and more like a gentle little prod from the inside, I suppose like a bubble of trapped gas but without the pain or popcorn popping! Currently 19+5 but started to feel these sensations occasionally about 3 weeks ago I think. Mostly when I'm sitting still on the sofa.
  • I didn't ever feel flutters or bubbles I literally went straight to the 'there is someone inside me trying to get out' stage haha. Felt like I was being prodded from the inside.
    I felt it first at about 16 weeks and now at 18 weeks my partner can feel it too. I think it's pretty early but I'm slim and I think that may have something to do with it. FTM too so just guessing mostly :)
  • I just started feeling it this week! At first it was really hard to distinguish, but now that I have, I'm feeling him pretty often. Best feeling ever!! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine started off feeling like little taps, and I couldn't feel it unless I was laying in a certain position. But now I can feel baby all the way to the back whenever it likes to use my bladder as a trampoline. Really cool... Until you pee yourself a little bit
  • I better describe mine as like a muscle twitch. It doesn't really feel like butterflies at all. More like as if your stomach muscles are twitching. Mines definitely not though since ive been feeling him/her like crazy these last few days. Future soccer player in here!!!
  • HelBelles said:

I didn't ever feel flutters or bubbles I literally went straight to the 'there is someone inside me trying to get out' stage haha. Felt like I was being prodded from the inside.
    I felt it first at about 16 weeks and now at 18 weeks my partner can feel it too. I think it's pretty early but I'm slim and I think that may have something to do with it. FTM too so just guessing mostly :)

Agreed! I feel like I am being constantly poked. Sometimes, I'll get a head or a butt popping out and all you see and feel is a hard lump. If my SO talks to the baby, baby moves and then hits him. The worst is in the car though. This kiddo goes crazy on the car rides. I'm 20w.
  • MamaHollandMamaHolland member
    edited September 2015
    I mainly get taps and thumps sometimes they are quite hard and startle me. My husband felt rolling. Then there's this other tickly feeling that's difficult to explain.
  • @Ameehan81592 Assuming what I'm feeling IS baby, then I agree about the muscle twitch sensation, that's what it's been feeling like

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm still waiting..  Whenever I was younger, I wanted to have babies...but the thought of them moving and kicking kinda freaked me out.  Now I really wanna know what it feels like!  1 week ago when I was trying to get busy with DH it felt like something rolled in my stomach, which made me scream and totally killed the mood.  Nada since.  Or, nothing that I could say for sure WASN'T gas.