July 2015 Moms

No idea..

my dd is 7 weeks..this whole weekend she has been chomping on her hands, drooling, and fairly cranky. If She wasn't so little, I'd think there was a tooth coming in. I did feel around in her mouth just to be sure and didn't feel anything. She hasn't had a fever. I'm going to call the doctor in the morning but I don't even know what to say other than she seems a little off...I don't want to be the crazy mom that calls every other day lol but how can you tell if they have a sore throat or ear ache or anything for that matter? any stm have advice on how to know when there is really something wrong?

Re: No idea..

• My seven week old has been drooling a lot and putting his hands in his mouth this weekend too...not any more cranky than usual though....could this just be that they are becoming more aware of their hands, tongues, mouths? He's been sticking his tongue out a lot too, which is why I wonder if he's just noticing more?? I'm a ftm, so I have no clue!!
  • My one month old has been sucking or what looks like almost chewing on his hand. Today he was sucking his arm so vigorously my mom & I laughed & said he was going to give himself a hickey. He doesn't seemed distressed while doing this, actually very content. I wore him in the boba wrap to the grocery store today & he sucked his hand & fell asleep
  • Loading the player...
  • Ya, mine does that too. The OT said she is starting to experiment a little more now, trying out her senses and stuff :)
  • My LO sucks on his hands when he's hungry.
  • My daughter is 6 weeks today and she has found her thumb this week, and does she ever like sucking it! I try to catch her and switch it for a soothie as I've heard that's better then thumb sucking. But I have to admit it's a little cute. She has also been drooling a little more this week. Don't think it's anything to do with teething for mine I think she just getting used to all her motor skills, mouth/tongue ect :p
  • Mine has been doing this for a few weeks. She did give herself hickeys on both wrists from sucking so hard. It's definitely soothing for her and prefers her hands and wrists to the pacifier.
  • 7 weeks as well and we are experiencing the same thing. A little cranky. A little off. Doc said its a growth spurt hang in there for a couple of days

It's tough and I'm exhausted because the baby only wants momma.
  • Handree said:

My LO sucks on his hands when he's hungry.

This.
  • My 7 week old soaked the front of his onesie witth drool, and covered his grandpas whole shoulder with drool this weekend....crazy! Funny how so many of us are seeing the same things at the same time
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Laid my 5 week old down on his playmat this morning. When I picked him up there was a wet spot under his head & the back of his head & hair was wet! From drool!