February 2016 Moms

Tattoos and bellies!

hi all I'm wondering any ladies with tattoos on there bellies or hip bone area? Have you seen any stretching? If you have other kids did your tattoos go back down to normal?

Re: Tattoos and bellies!

• Yep! Mine did not stretch at all with my previous pregnancy so I'm hoping it's fine again this time. Mine is a star just above my hip bone.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Here is a pic of it at 9 months.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Sweet! I have the Cowboys star over my hip right side and peace sign on the left side hoping it doesn't stretch but I'm almost 5 months and no belly so who knows lol
  • I have one on my left hip. This is my 2nd pregnancy and it hasn't changed at all.
  • Hahaha well I don't know about hip tattoos, but I have one on my ribs that got completely destroyed with my first pregnancy.. :/
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ugh. I have one about 1.5 inches below my belly button and I don't even want to think about what it's gonna look like in a few months.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • On my hip I have a clover and this is my third with my second only one lead got a little distorted I'm hoping it won't be too bad this time around.
  • I have a tattoo on my hip and it got ruined by stretch marks from my first pregnancy. Totally worth it though ;)
  • I have one on my ribcage that I'm a little worried about. But honestly in the scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. I'll be interested to see what happens though. It's kind of on the higher side so I have a LITTLE hope that it may be spared... 
  • I'm so glad you started this thread! I have a dove on my belly/hipbone area and DH keeps telling me it's going to look like a crow after this pregnancy (FTM). I hope it doesn't, but if it does it wouldn't be without purpose! Lol
  • I have tattoos on both of my hips and neither one stretched out last time :) hopefully they don't this time either!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bookqueen said:

Hahaha well I don't know about hip tattoos, but I have one on my ribs that got completely destroyed with my first pregnancy.. :/

Yeah my friend got this huge intricate cherry tree down her side and then ended up pregnant a few months later. It stretched but I think it still looks pretty good.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • My tattoos didn't stretch the first pregnancy, but the next one they did majorly, they still look good, but have blurred lines in a few places. I'm hoping they've done all their stretching out now
    imageimageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have one that goes across my lower belly right above panty line from hip to hip. I'm pretty sure if I for some reason end up with a CS it will be destroyed. But I'm not too concerned. I am interested to see what it looks like afterwards haha.
  • thisusernamethisusername member
    edited September 2015
    I have a tattoo on my ribs that says, "sometimes you gotta fall before you fly" in really intricate writing that my artist does as a speciality. Hoping it doesn't get ruined because that's my life's motto and he won't be able to fix it since I moved out of Florida!
  • bookqueen said:

Hahaha well I don't know about hip tattoos, but I have one on my ribs that got completely destroyed with my first pregnancy.. :/

Yeah my friend got this huge intricate cherry tree down her side and then ended up pregnant a few months later. It stretched but I think it still looks pretty good.
    I have a cross from my ribcage down to my hip bone on my side. It's pretty intricate and proportionate so I'm hoping it's ok - it would suck if one side of the t got bigger than the other!
    Feb'16 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite thing about fall

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker