July 2015 Moms
Options

Sunday Randoms

what's going on today, ladies?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Sunday Randoms

• Options
    LO slept great last night and so did mommy and daddy. Then had an early start, DH fed and changed LO while I pumped. I took LO on a 30 min walk in the neighborhood and he slept the entire time! Last time I had to cut it short because he was crying.. I played the Rockabye Baby station on Pandora. It was the mid 60s with a slight breeze and it was glorious! I plan on going again this evening if the timing is right. The fresh air felt great. Now DH is headed to the gym and LO is asleep on my chest! Happy Sunday!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ecloho we just finished a 2 day growth spurt too... gripe water is our new best friend! ;)

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    My MIL checked out of her hotel today and is staying with us for the rest of her stay.
    I can't wait for her to leave.
    She says the dumbest, most inappropriate things.

She said dyke a few times yesterday while we were in the lgbt district and called some one Mexican (they were from Ecuador) and I corrected her and she said they all look the same and it's okay for her to be racist cause she's Mexican.

I just can't with this woman.
  • Options
    Wow! @ashleytiff that woman is a piece of... Work!! ;)
  • Options
    Mommy and daddy had our first night out last night with friends, came home to 2 happy sleepy boys with their grammy. DS2 slept for a 6 hour stretch, his longest yet!!! We made it to church this morning for the first time since DS2 was born (he's 5.5 weeks), hung out at home after church then went to watch a little cousin play football, which DS1 who is 19 months LOVED!!! Best weekend we've had as a family of four I'd say! Can't believe tomorrow is already monday.
  • Options
    Went to Ikea today with DH and LO. Had to feed her in the car in the parking lot after we shopped because the 'baby care' room there was gross. DH is now grilling burgers and I'm about to enjoy a nice honey crisp apple wheat beer for the first time since last October!!
  • Options
    Went to see 'dirty dancing ' at broadway in Chicago. First time leaving LO for more than an hour. Sitting in the back of my car pumping now. But DH texted me and said they were doing great! And the show was amazing!
  • Options
    Relaxing day today :) husband is making a grans feast for us tonight :D apple stuffed pork roast with mashed potatoes and corn. Can't wait to eat it! We also went for a walk this afternoon so I burned off the calories that I will gain today :P
  • Options
    @pandd10513 cheers!!! Bottoms up! :D
  • Options
    Just returned from the grocery store... Went with DH and wore LO in the boba wrap. Worked out great! Today is also visitor day... My parents were here earlier, MIL is stopping by, & my sister is coming too.
  • Options
    mrsrep123 said:

@ecloho we just finished a 2 day growth spurt too... gripe water is our new best friend! ;)

Gripe water is amazing!!!! Hah, I actually tried it because it says adults can use it, it was very relaxing and kinda made me sleepy (as weird as that sounds).
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 & @hankhunter (I could google it) but what exactly is gripe water? What is it made of & how does it work? Are there different types or brands?
  • Options
    mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited August 2015
    @ecloho we use Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water. It's basically ginger and fennel. Here's the description.

Mommy’s Bliss® Gripe Water for babies is a safe and effective all-natural herbal supplement for newborn fussiness and infants' gas relief. Gripe Water is used to ease stomach discomfort often associated with colic, gas and hiccups. It also provides teething relief. Looking for one of the best natural infant crying solutions you can buy? Our gentle and effective liquid formula is the #1 selling supplement for natural colic relief and gas relief. Simethicone Free. Pediatrician Recommended.
    - See more at: https://www.mommysbliss.com/store/products/gripe-water/#sthash.APOQsoBw.dpuf

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    We have had a pretty rough weekend. LO is going through her Wonder Weeks Leap 1. She is normally a pretty easy baby, so all of her crying really caught me off guard at first. I ended up downloading the Wonder Weeks app on my phone so that I can keep track of all of her leaps. If anyone else has already gone through leap 1, I would love to know how long your baby was fussy. It has been about 3 days now and I am already completely exhausted and ready for my happy baby to come back!
  • Options
    Our first wonder week was about 5 days....He fought us on everything!!! I thought it would never end! I definitely wanted my sweet baby back!! We are about to come up on the second wonder week and I am not looking forward to it!
  • Options
    @WanderingHeart ours was about 3-4 days this week (leap #1). Monday night & Tuesday were the worst!! Cluster feeding like a mother F!?#%! Gradually got better,but still with some tough hours here & there. Like Friday morning was terrible, but rest of the day & all weekend he has been so happy & content :x
  • Options
    We use little remedies gripe water and yes it's fennel seed and ginger, totally natural and awesome!
  • Options
    @ecloho on the wonder weeks app, did you put in your due date or date of birth???

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 it asked for due date... Our due date was the birth date surprisingly
  • Options
    We had LO's first pictures today (technically yesterday as it is 1:04 am). We were all ready to go, kids dressed, pottied and changed, shoes on, pick up the baby and realize in the 5 minutes since she's been changed she has had a poop explosion that has completely ruined her outfit, soaking it up to the neck in poop. We have to cut it off of her to avoid getting it in her hair as we don't have time to bathe her before we go. We clean her up, quickly choose a new outfit and go.

Going down the highway running late, DH glances back and freaks out, neither of us buckled DS1 into his booster (my fault, I'm still getting used to putting 3 kids in a row in our car) so we pull over and buckle him in. Now we're really late, I call and they're very nice but basically if we're not there soon we lose our spot.

In the end we were 15 minutes late, we nixed the outfit change in order to cut the length of the session to make up the time and DD1 ran away at one point, out of the studio and into the mall, BUT the pics of the 3 of them came out well. I actually don't really like the one of just DD2, I actually prefer my phone pics :(

Kind of feel like crying though, no idea how I'm going to deal with DD1 at DD2's doctor appointment this week, she is 3 weeks shy of two and does NOT listen, you have to physically stop her and she needs a hand on her at all times. Sorry for the length of this, it just super sucked.
  • Options
    @PurpleBookmark omg I got uneasy and stressed out just reading that! Poor girl! Cutting an outfit off!! Poop explosion!And daughter running out on pictures and pics not turning out and being late and seat belt and omg. I really really hope your monday is better then your sunday!!
  • Options

@PurpleBookmark omg I got uneasy and stressed out just reading that! Poor girl! Cutting an outfit off!! Poop explosion!And daughter running out on pictures and pics not turning out and being late and seat belt and omg. I really really hope your monday is better then your sunday!!

Thank you! I'm sitting here during DD's second feeding of the night and I sincerely hope today is better too!
  • Options
    sarahsairsairsarahsairsair member
    edited August 2015
    I feel for you @PurpleBookmark,
    I only have the two & I'm struggling big time. DS is 3 and wild, I have kept up his 3 days at preschool for my sanity as much as any other reason I.e needing the spot when I return to work

He was super difficult at our family photos too, we ended up needing him to go and come back after burning off some energy and a nap :-/