TTC after 35
Options

Weight loss/ special diet check in 8-30

This is a check-in for those who are losing weight/eating a special diet to help with TTC. Please tell us:

1. Your screen name or first name and where you are from.

2. What's your plan for weight loss of healthier eating? Are you following a certain diet?

3. Update us on your progress.

4. Share a recipe for this week.

5. Are you adding exercise into the mix? What's one thing you did this week to get moving?

Re: Weight loss/ special diet check in 8-30

• Options

JennOK

2. What's your plan for weight loss of healthier eating? Are you following a certain diet?

I am doing WW.

My weigh-in day is on Tuesdays, but I went ahead and weighed this weekend. I'm down 2 more pounds for a total of 10. It is amazing how much better already feel. I can tell I have more energy. My back isn't hurting like it was. My clothes are starting to feel looser too. I'm pretty short, so a little bit of weight makes a lot of difference on me. I think the next 10-15 pounds will make a HUGE difference. I have set a goal of losing 10 more by Christmas.

We had a meal at WW meeting Tuesday night. This lady brought a salad that I loved.

1 small head broccoli, chopped
    1 apple, chopped in small pieces
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    1/4 cup of raisins or dried cranberries

Spread out in a 9 by 13 baking dish. Drizzle (just a little) with a tangy dressing. She did the bottled coleslaw dressing. Chill and serve.

You could add chunked chicken to it if you wanted some more protein and it would make it into more of a main dish.

5. Are you adding exercise into the mix? What's one thing you did this week to get moving?

I actually am feeling a little better now, so I got out and weeded the flower bed yesterday. It was in serious need of it, and I worked up a good sweat. It's a first step right! :)
  • Options
    1-Jennifer from NY
    2-I am on month 4 of WW
    3- I have lost almost 12 lbs. it's been so freaking slow. But almost every week I have lost. Sometimes a pound, sometimes just a couple ounces.
    4-this was in the July magazine and is so yummy

3/4 pound(s) uncooked baby potatoes, red variety (about 1-inch each)
    3/4 pound(s) uncooked baby potatoes, white variety (about 1-inch each)
    1/4 cup(s) water
    1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
    2 tsp rosemary, chopped
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    2 spray(s) cooking spray
    Instructions
    Rinse potatoes and place in a large microwave safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook on high until potatoes are tender; about 10 to 12 minutes; drain well and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.

In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Skewer 5 potatoes on each of six metal skewers (or rosemary sprigs), alternating red and white potatoes on each skewer.

Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Cook potatoes until grill marks are evident, turning once, about 5 minutes. Yields 1 skewer per serving.

5- I am on a no elevator policy. I will not take one. I had to park on the 5th floor for a doc appt and still took the steps each way. Wanted to die on the way back. But I made it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Heather from MN

Slimgenics, high protein, veggie, low carb, focus on unrefined carbs.  I'm also gluten free at the moment.

The progesterone, in addition to making me completely crazy, is making me bloat so bad!  I'm still at about 35 pounds down but I'm stagnating the last two weeks...

I'll find one and share it tomorrow.  @JennOK, the broccoli recipe sounds really good.  I'd probably add the shredded rotisserie chicken I just picked up from Costco.  

No, but I really need to.  Every few weeks, I challenge myself to a certain number of steps on my fitbit, but then I get lazy again.  Now that it's cooling off, I'll start walking outside again.

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I thought of one already -- of course right after I hit "post."  My sister made these for me today because they're gluten free and they are actually quite juicy.  I struggle with turkey burgers because they are so darn dry.  I probably would add more seasoning, but I added a piece of garlic cheddar cheese to mine, so it was quite good.

Juicy Gluten Free Turkey Burgers

Ingredients
    • 1-1.5 lbs of ground turkey
    • ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
    • 1 zucchini - shredded
    • ¼ cup of onion - minced
    • ¾ tsp salt
    • ½ tsp ground black pepper

Instructions
    1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and blend together well.
    2. Shape mixture into 6-10 burger patties, depending on how much ground turkey you used.
    3. Place patties on a hot grill pan (or regular pan), cooking for about 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center.
    4. Top with your favorite burger toppings and serve.
    5. In lieu of a gluten-free bun, which adds calories, consider adding a lettuce wrap to your burgers, or simply eat them plain like I do. These suckers are oozing with flavor - you'll love them sans bun - trust me!

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Those burgers sound yummy. I always forget about wrapping burgers in lettuce. I just bought a package of buns tonight at the grocery store. :-q
  • Options

Jill, NC

A very strict no carbs/fruits/sugar & increased protein diet for 6 weeks. This diet is imposed by my acupuncturist in hopes to regulate my hormones and get my PCOS in balance.

Ugh. I've really slipped in the past week. We were traveling, which made eating healthy a real challenge. And then I got the most intense, painful AF ever and was in hormonal misery for a few days. Dark chocolate helped me through it but then I kept eating it (like, every day for the past week). Today was our 1st wedding anniversary and we went to an amazing mostly-Paleo restaurant and everything was going fairly well but then we decided to splurge with a flourless chocolate cake with whipped cream - AMAZING. Oh man. I really need to get back on track...(my acupuncturist is going to be soooo disappointed in me :-(

I just got home yesterday so haven't had time to think of this one yet. I promise I'll be better next week.

I spent a few days in NYC with my friend and we walked EVERYWHERE and also did some fun dance classes. And I did a handstand workshop. So I definitely got some good exercise in.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1