3rd Trimester
Options

Could this be a sign labor is near?

I am 29w6d and after having contractions all week (not painful so most likely BH) last night I began getting a weird cramping in my lower stomach. Almost like period cramps. There is no pattern nor can I really tell when it begins and ends. Then today I lost what I believe is my mucus plug (it was a green mucus-y blob) I called my OB, which of course he wasn't in the office because of a delivery he had to attend to but I did talk to the nurse and she said it may or may not be my mucus plug. She said if anything changes to go to L&D or if all goes well just wait for my appointment Monday. The cramping has been more consistent since i lost what I'm thinking may be my mucus plug. Still no real rhyme or reason to it. It's a lot like period cramps. Some come on stronger than others but they definitely don't come further apart than 10 minutes. It's almost constant. I am torn on what to do as everyone knows the ER is always a hassle but I just want to know what's going on.. Could this be beginning signs of labor?

Re: Could this be a sign labor is near?

• Options

IF it is, you better get checked right away because you still have quite a ways to go in your pregnancy. 10 weeks is a long time.

IME, you'll know real contractions. There is absolutely no way to doubt what they are because they hurt too bad and they are consistent. You will be able to time them and count on them.

If you have any doubt, go in, but if it were me I would relax, drink a bunch of water, put my feet up and time them.

• Options

IF it is, you better get checked right away because you still have quite a ways to go in your pregnancy. 10 weeks is a long time.

IME, you'll know real contractions. There is absolutely no way to doubt what they are because they hurt too bad and they are consistent. You will be able to time them and count on them.

If you have any doubt, go in, but if it were me I would relax, drink a bunch of water, put my feet up and time them.

This. I lost my plug around 30 weeks with both my last 2 pregnancies. It's usually not a big deal, as it regenerates. But since you're having other symptoms, I'd say it's worth looking into. But I'd definitely drink a coup glasses of water and relax and see if it gets better. A lot of time stuff like that happens from dehydration.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 34 weeks and lost part of my plug (looked exactly like you described) and I've had period like cramps since. I talked with my doc today and he said the period cramps are most likely from not drinking enough water. He basically said I'll know when it's time because my contractions will be closer together and more painful than period cramps. He said the plug wasn't a big deal until I see a bloody show. So I think you're good!
  • Options

I am 29w6d and after having contractions all week (not painful so most likely BH) last night I began getting a weird cramping in my lower stomach. Almost like period cramps. There is no pattern nor can I really tell when it begins and ends. Then today I lost what I believe is my mucus plug (it was a green mucus-y blob) I called my OB, which of course he wasn't in the office because of a delivery he had to attend to but I did talk to the nurse and she said it may or may not be my mucus plug. She said if anything changes to go to L&D or if all goes well just wait for my appointment Monday. The cramping has been more consistent since i lost what I'm thinking may be my mucus plug. Still no real rhyme or reason to it. It's a lot like period cramps. Some come on stronger than others but they definitely don't come further apart than 10 minutes. It's almost constant. I am torn on what to do as everyone knows the ER is always a hassle but I just want to know what's going on.. Could this be beginning signs of labor?

Did you tell them your discharge was green? I've heard of MP be many different colors but never green.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~