November 2015 Moms

Help and Encouragement :(

knegri15knegri15 member
edited August 2015 in November 2015 Moms
Hi mommas- Ill try to make this short. This is my 3rd baby. I had some health issues before I became pregnant and am overweight. The kicker is that the condition and weight gain go hand in hand, along with extreme fatigue. Now it seems I am showing insulin resistance which could have been there before I was pregnant. The most reasonable thing to do is to lose weight and exercise. In theory, that sounds great and I'm motivated. In reality, I'm almost 28 weeks and not sleeping well (as I'm sure you all understand thanks to peeing every 2 hours!). I didn't have these issues with my other two.

So my question is, how do you muster up the energy to workout when you feel completely exhausted all the time? Also, anyone on here have GB and have some good lowcarb recipes to share? 
 Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you in advance for reading and sharing!

#almosttothefinishline

Re: Help and Encouragement :(

• I find motivation by starting with "just ten minutes" or with swimming "just 500 yards". Usually by the time I hit those time markers I've gotten over the intital "oh my god this sucks please anything but this" phase and am enjoying it. If I can push myself for a few more minutes, I do. If not, then there's always tomorrow. It makes it more managable. If I wasn't as broke as I am currently, I would probably do a calendar to cross off every day that I did some sort of workout. Five days crossed off = a pedicure, ten days = a new book, keeping a set workout schedule for a month = favorite dining out experience.

I usually don't reward myself with food, but fuckeveryoneI'mpregnantandfoodmakesmehappy. For example, on a low carb diet I would probably go get a 9oz steak medium rare from Outback or something similar.
  • Walking for 30 minutes a day has helped me a lot.. I have a Fitbit and I make sure I walk about 10-15k steps a day.. I have GD and I just look for easy recipes online and they have been pretty good..
  • Loading the player...
  • My dog knows when I get up it's walk time. If we don't because it's raining too hard, etc he gets pretty upset and prances around and gives you every hint possible that he wants to go on his walk, so that pretty much forces me to do at least a little physical activity every day (because lets face it, once the weather clears up enough we are going on our walk). I think doing it right away in the morning might help because it's when you have more energy, rather than waiting until later in the day when you have already burned how much by simply going about your daily activities.
  • KeHill08 said:

My dog knows when I get up it's walk time. If we don't because it's raining too hard, etc he gets pretty upset and prances around and gives you every hint possible that he wants to go on his walk, so that pretty much forces me to do at least a little physical activity every day (because lets face it, once the weather clears up enough we are going on our walk). I think doing it right away in the morning might help because it's when you have more energy, rather than waiting until later in the day when you have already burned how much by simply going about your daily activities.

My dogs do that too! They just know our daily routine and part of what gets me walking in the morning is them bringing me their leashes!
  • Cant really help as I am not exercising more than running around the house and the office all day long (I also have a standing desk at work).... But food wise, from 2 weeks of taking my blood sugar levels, I saw I had high numbers only when I ate refined sugar like from a vietnamese rice dish... Also noted that fibers help a lot. And no matter what quantity of fruits I ate, the numbers did not go higher.
    My conclusion, if my numbers were out of norms, would be to avoid any processed food with sugar, and always eat fibers, greens etc when I eat pastas or rice....

As to motivation to exercise just to lose weight or stay in shape, can't help I never found it lol