January 2016 Moms
Options

Cramps under ribs 22 weeks

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and have been getting cramps (not menstrual like cramps) under my ribs and in my upper abdomen. It's like I ran a couple miles while out of shape kind of cramps. I think they can also be called Charlie horse cramps, but anyway was wondering if anyone else has experienced this / knows what could be causing it? I would appreciate any advice :)

Re: Cramps under ribs 22 weeks

• Options
    Hey I posted about this a few days ago! Consensus was that it's normal. Everything is just stretching and cramming itself into unusual places. Get used to it and do some stretches.
  • Options
    I didn't see this post or the other previously, glad to hear this, I'm 18 weeks and had side cramping today that last like 4 hours, I was just thrown off because I've never had it be for an extended period of time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get cramps in my ribs that's just gas since all my organs are squished up
  • Options
    Try using the search bar for "sore ribs". I think that's what I put. And you can see the other ladies comments and now you know how to use the search bar for future reference ;)
  • Options
    When I get cramps up underneath my ribs it's gas. It is painful gas, but just trapped gas
  • Options
    i had that last week. it sucked. 
  • Options
    Could be Braxton hicks too. I think I've been feeling those already- when your whole uterus tightens up. Earlier with each pregnancy has been my experience...
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply! I actually ended up seeing my doctor and it just came down to things being cramped and a bra that was too tight haha
  • Options
    littleloves3littleloves3 member
    edited August 2015
    I have the same! So uncomfortable. @maddisonwallace you described exactly how it feels for me in your post. I feel so much better knowing others have this

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers