1st Trimester

Sex during pregnancy.

Kay31594Kay31594 member
edited August 2015 in 1st Trimester
I am 8 weeks pregnant and around 6 weeks I had bleeding because of a tear in the placenta or the attachment. I'm not totally sure. My doctor said no sex so we waited for about 2 weeks and we had soft sex and he released inside me . I'm terrified that I might have done something to hurt the baby. Help?!?

Re: Sex during pregnancy.

• When I bled at 7 weeks my doc said pelvic rest for 2 weeks, and to not have sex until 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped. If you aren't bleeding I would think you should be ok? But it doesn't hurt to call the doc/nurse for advice. Maybe they'll give you the ok, or maybe they'll advise you to just not do it again...
  • This is something you should call your dr about. If he said no sex and you didn't get the okay before having sex again there's not really anyone here who can help you with that.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...
  • **LURKING FROM TTGP**

You're likely fine if you aren't bleeding more than you were, but as someone who had a low-lying placenta most of her last pregnancy, please listen to your doctor. Your doctor wouldn't just say that for fun.

• I completely stopped bleeding. I had brown spotting last week but nothing now. I just hope everything will be fine.
  • Kay31594 said:

I completely stopped bleeding. I had brown spotting last week but nothing now. I just hope everything will be fine.

I think regardless of if you quit bleeding or not, checking with your dr before resuming any vaginal activity at least would be advisable. I do hope everything is ok but that's the best advice I can give. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes