August 2015 Moms
Options

When did you start feeling better?

Im sure this is one of those things where everyone is different but when did yall's lady parts start feeling better? I'm 9 days pp and I didn't tear and only got one stitch, but my vagina and that whole area still hurt pretty bad. I take Tylenol every four hours and I do use the perri bottle (although it doesn't help much). When I can I sit on an ice pack. My bleeding isn't that bad at all but my soreness is just killer I can hardly walk around my house. When did everyone finally start to feel better? Will I just feel like this for four weeks!?

Re: When did you start feeling better?

• Options
    I'm 11 days PP, had a 2nd degree tear and an episiotomy, and I started feeling better about 8 days PP. I've still got some soreness, but it's not unbearable so long as I don't do too much sitting or standing.
  • Options
    @hjphillips what are something's you did that helped you feel better so fast? I feel like I'm going to be uncomfortable forever :(.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    13 d PP and I start feeling better today. Last few days I've been in bed resting since Dh goes back to work tomorrow. But today it's been less bleeding, less sore. Hopefully some relief is near for you

Also the nurses at the hospital would give me newborn sized ice stuffed diapers to place in my undies n its been great. Ice melts in diaper n bleeding will absorb. May help
  • Options
    victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited August 2015
    I'll be 4 weeks PP on Tuesday . I had just a slight "skid mark" No stitches or anything ,it was nothing that bothered me in the first place , didn't hurt to pee or poop . I probably would've never known anything happen if they didn't tell me . I honestly felt better right after I had my LO just felt off afterwards and what made me sore was sitting in the hospital bed all day and night (I didn't know I was able to walk around) I could just be really lucky cause I feel as if I never had a kid lol the day I came home I was moving stuff ,cleaning , on my feet trying to get things together (even though I shouldn't have been, but I felt fine) I think what helped is that I wasn't lazy during my pregnancy I still continued my daily life going places and whatnot which involved lots of walking and standing to the point where it was to much a lot of the time .
  • Options
    nakoppel said:

@hjphillips what are something's you did that helped you feel better so fast? I feel like I'm going to be uncomfortable forever :(.

When I do sit, I try to sit on my nursing pillow. It helps to not aggravate the area as much. I used my peri bottle, tucks pads, and ibuprofen for pain. I'm also 20, so that may be helping my recovery some.
  • Options
    3 weeks pp and my crotch finally feels normal again.
  • Options
    @ChanelLovesB yeah they gave me those too, I'm wondering how they stuffed them exactly because it seemed just like an open diaper.
  • Options
    10 days PP and the only thing bothering me is my pelvis still feels a little sore. I had a 2nd degree tear with stitches but that hasn't bothered me for a few days.
  • Options
    Maybe tomorrow (day 10) I'll magically wake up and feel better?! Pee-ing still burns like a B.
  • Options
    @nakoppel I make them just like I'm changing a baby but i fold the tops in like an envelope. Never leak
  • Options
    I'm 6 days pp and feel fine. This is also my third baby though. Honestly I think getting up and walking around is what helped me feel better faster. I had a day or two where I would need to take something for pain if I tried to do too much but otherwise I feel great.
  • Options
    @nakoppel I make them just like I'm changing a baby but i fold the tops in like an envelope. Never leak

I think I'll try that before bed tonight. Because when I had them at the hospital I felt loads better.
  • Options
    2 weeks pp and aside from sutures itching I feel ok. Going #2 even on colace makes me cry and takes a while to recover after... Episiotomy and 4th degree tear... So I've got a horror scene I'm dealing with but all in all I'm able to move around well and am not generally uncomfortable. Slight bleeding still but off all Motrin, tucks and ice packs. Overall I feel like I'm better all things considered but probably didn't reach this point until 1.5 weeks pp.
  • Options
    I had a full episiotomy 17 days ago but started feeling normal about 8 or 9 days PP. I was surprised given how rough I felt at 5 days PP. I used an ice pack for the first 24 hours, had percoset for 5 days pp, and still take advil occasionally.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    I'm 13 days pp, third degree tear. I'm down to about two Motrin a day and that's about it. Still a little sore, especially today after sitting in a hard chair at a bridal shower
  • Options
    Like you said everyone is different. I'm 10 days PP and I feel totally fine. I'm not on any meds and I'm basically only spotting here and there.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    13 days PP my csection incision is healed and I don't have any pain but man the hives! The hives/rash is killing me!!!!! 6 days of itchy hives

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I am 12 days pp. I had a very small tear and 1 stitch. I honestly felt pretty good within 48 hours. I had one day about day 6 when I did to much and couldn't sit in the rocker for night feedings, that sucked. But this is my third baby and he was a little nugget so delivery when very smoothly and quickly which I am guessing is the reason for such a quick recovery.

• Options
    In 14 days PP Now, and literally stood up earlier and felt a rush of fluid. Made it to the bathroom to see lots of bright red blood, just pouring out of me. Passed a huge clot(ok maybe quarter size.. Quarter and a dime together size. It was huge to me!). I'm burning when I pee still, my stuff hurts, like internally. Almost like I do when I have a uti, and when I try to poop I feel like I'm tearing something inside my uterus.

I had no tears, just a skid mark. Idk what's up but I'm calling my dr tomorrow, this just doesn't feel rigjt
  • Options
    I'm almost 3 weeks pp and I'm still sore but I had a c sec. So that's expected.
  • Options
    I'm 10 days pp and had 2 stitches. New mama bottom spray has been a godsend for me. I spray it on and use the peri bottom every time I use the restroom. Also I try and sneak in a sitz bath when I have time.
  • Options
    @bhargrave88 sounds kinda like me. I just had a skid mark and one stitch. My bleeding has really lightened up (sorta like a medium period). My poop doesn't hurt but I think that's because it's been really soft. But I still hurt so bad when I move around and my pee really burns still. I guess I'm just taking longer to recover. I'm hoping by the two week mark I'll really feel better.
  • Options
    I'm 19 days PP, I'd say I've been feeling better for several days. My bleeding is almost non-existent, I only had some labial abrasions, no tearing. My hubby and I went for it tonight. :\"> (protected, of course!) I couldn't wait any longer! It was just a little uncomfortable at first, but great after! Hopefully no repercussions....
  • Options
    I actively pushed for three hours and had a first degree tear that required a few stitches. I used an ice pack for 36 hours and kept up on taking at least 600mg of Motrin a day for about a week. I think it took me until around 3 weeks postpartum to start feeling much better. However, I'm still a little swollen, and I'm struggling with those annoying hemorroids (4 weeks PP).

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a second degree tear, pushed for an hour and 20 mins, and for the most part I feel okay. Normal is a while away but I haven't needed my percoset all hours of the day like I did in the hospital for the first two days. I've been walking around doing chores and taking regular showers, that seems to help with my recovery. GL, feel better soon mama.
  • Options
    13 days PP and feeling generally pretty good in the downstairs area though a little discomfort periodically, and strangely bleeding seems to have ramped up again in the last day or so after tapering off a bit. Boobies still sore and tender but I don't think that will go away anytime soon :(
  • Options
    Sorta sounds like by the second week everyone started to really recover, woohoo! Hopefully this week I'll really start to feel better. I tried the ice diaper last night and it really helped!
  • Options
    I'd think it's worth a call to your doctor. Like PPs said though, it's different for everyone. DD is 12 days old and I've felt normal with little bleeding for a good 5 days or so. I had a small Episiotomy as well. I tore more with DS and still felt normal by week 2. Although it maybe normal for you, or you may have had other abrasions as well.

If nothing else I'd say it's worth a call for piece of mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd think it's worth a call to your doctor. Like PPs said though, it's different for everyone. DD is 12 days old and I've felt normal with little bleeding for a good 5 days or so. I had a small Episiotomy as well. I tore more with DS and still felt normal by week 2. Although it maybe normal for you, or you may have had other abrasions as well. If nothing else I'd say it's worth a call for piece of mind.

I think I'll give it one of two more days and see. It's nothing unbearable just very uncomfortable. I'm only 10 days pp so I don't want to seem like I'm not giving it enough time