April 2016 Moms

petite maternity dresses

Jen&MACJen&MAC member
edited August 2015 in April 2016 Moms
I can't find a maxi dress short enough! I'm 5'2” and I need a dress me and the bump can grow into. Help me find a short maxi!

Thanks!

Re: petite maternity dresses

• Following! Same boat here.
  • Stitch Witch is your friend :)
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had better luck finding skirts with a wide enough waist band to pretend was a simple dress. Otherwise you can always fold over and tack the hem either with needle and thread or with safety pins.

I had a super hard time finding petite maternity anywhere in store. :(
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never found a maxi dress or skirt that was short enough. Mine always dragged. But I've never worn maternity. They're not crazy long but I usually buy mine at forever21, rue21, fashion nova etc. I just but it in small like normal.
  • mrslarri2010mrslarri2010 member
    edited August 2015
    I've actually purchased a few from pinkblushmaternity.com that I've only had to hem about an inch (I'm only 5'0) you might try one there :) plus they're adorable and there's always some kind of sale happening.
  • I was going to also suggest getting them hemmed... probably not too expensive! You can also look to buy second-hand/consignment maternity stuff and that way when you factor in the cost of hemming it's still very reasonable. I bought a lot of my maternity stuff in consignment, either through Facebook groups or my local BST group. They also sell it in consignment shops around here.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • I can't find them long enough ! Luckily the long ones I do have are probably pregnancy friendly . My mom is 4'11" and has a hard time too. I'm 5'10 so mom and I equally hate shopping . Only if we could all be 5'7"