January 2016 Moms

First time mom!

I'm a ftm and 18 weeks! I'm so happy and excited to meet my baby girl! But I'm also jealous of other ftm who aren't as far as me but look pregnant! My bump isn't really a bump yet and I just feel like I look fat! Anyone else not look pregnant at 18 weeks? I just wish I had a cute bump like some other moms to be!

Re: First time mom!

• I'm 18+1 today and I just feel like I look fat too. It sucks. Hopefully soon we'll actually look pregnant
  • At 18 weeks, I was in that awkward fat-looking stage. But people who know me, know I'm nowhere near fat. I'm at 20 weeks now and depending on what I wear, I'm showing. It may sound weird, but it's like if I stay on my side a majority of the night, my bump looks bigger lol and if I sleep on my back (which is a lot more comfortable) it looks flatter when I wake up and takes a little bit for my bump to start showing again. I'm torn between wearing comfy clothes and tighter clothes to show the bump off.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also a FTM, and depending on my clothing choices I either look fat or 8 months pregnant.
  • I'm glad I'm not alone! I just want a bump so I'm not in that awkward fat/pregnant stage!
  • The belly band makes me look more bump and less blump. I am happy I can still hide a little as I am trying to keep it from work for a couple more weeks!
  • I am also a FTM, and depending on my clothing choices I either look fat or 8 months pregnant.

The struggle is real.
  • I look like a just ate a whopper and have to take a shit and 20 weeks pregnant.
  • I'm 18+2, also a FTM and I was really tiny to begin with, so I thought I had a cute bump starting. But everyone I see is pretty much like "Look how tiny you are! You're not even showing yet!!" Ugh, it's upsetting :( especially when I'm already having back and leg pain and can't fit into any of my pre-preggo clothes.
  • Also a ftm. I was tiny when I got pregnant so I thought I would pop fast but I'm 21 weeks now and just barely feeling like I look pregnant not chubby. I've felt fat since about 12 weeks and my clothes stopping fitting me around 15 weeks. Everyone would tell me I still looked so tiny and it frustrated me cause I felt fat and I was fatter then I would ever just let myself get. My sister would even tell me I'm in the aweful stage were people can't tell if I'm pregnant or just fat. Haha. I keep telling my self though I may want to feel more pregnant now but here is three months ill be grateful I'm on the smaller side. You'll get it soon though and it will come fast.
  • I'm 17+5 And a STM, but depending on my clothes I look fat and not pregnant. If I'm self conscious about it out in public, I just hold do the pregnant mama belly rub like a public "just a baby bump, folks" for anyone looking

• I am 21 weeks today, petite and overweight to begin with. Depending on what I'm wearing, I either look extra fat or extra pregnant. Get a band -- those round you out. Or, hike your pants up! You'll be amazed how a simple wardrobe fix can show your bump!
  • Thanks ladies! I'm going to look into the belly band! When I wake up my belly is so hard and I have a bump then by the time I leave for work it's gone! My friends say you pop so maybe that day is coming for us soon! Also I'm always rubbing my belly in public because it's so itchy!!!!
  • I'm 18 weeks and 3 days and I can defiantly tell the difference in my bump but I defiantly just look fat to other people

When do you think is the week most people "pop" :)
  • Im 19 weeks 3 days. I felt that way at 18 weeks and then about 18w5d i all of the sudden popped. I look more pregnant now then fat. Its a harder bump and it grew. And then yesterday I popped a bit more. When I woke up my husband was like woooh it grew! So trust me when I saw you feel like this now but literally it can change overnight
  • I'm a FTM as well and I'm 21 weeks and 4 days. I have a bump but it's still small. I keep trying to tell myself that hopefully that means I won't turn into a balloon at the end! I'm only 5'3", so I'm really scared about that auper pregnant look!
  • laur0n said:

At 18 weeks, I was in that awkward fat-looking stage. But people who know me, know I'm nowhere near fat. I'm at 20 weeks now and depending on what I wear, I'm showing. It may sound weird, but it's like if I stay on my side a majority of the night, my bump looks bigger lol and if I sleep on my back (which is a lot more comfortable) it looks flatter when I wake up and takes a little bit for my bump to start showing again. I'm torn between wearing comfy clothes and tighter clothes to show the bump off.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who had this same thought!! I think also in the morning we're all less bloated in general (that's how it always was for me pre-pregnancy) so that probably contributes to the tiny morning bump. By the end of the night when I'm ready to go to bed the bump looks huge! And then the cycle starts again the next morning...

• I so feel the same way I was also tiny before I got pregnant, I'm nów 21 weeks, and I am starting to show but my sister in law is also pregnant(with her 2nd) and she is 10 weeks behind me and she looks way more pregnant than I am already...I was looking forward to having a big enough belly to put a plate on it and eat off of it, but it feels like that's not going to happen now haha
  • I'm 18 weeks and I'm huge! I'm a FTM and short and petite. It's all out front and in my boobs and very solid. I don't understand how I can be this big so early and I feel bad when people tell me I'm too big for 18 weeks :(
    Is anyone else quite big or popped out a fair bit?
  • xomeredithxomeredith member
    edited August 2015
    I'm a FTM at 21 weeks and 2 days and I have to wear scrubs at work. In my scrubs, I feel like I look like I just ate too much and it makes me mad. Ha. But if I put on my maternity jeans with a regular shirt, I feel like I look more pregnant. But I'm always in scrubs. :(
    Love: 03.04.06
    Married: 07.14.14
    BFP: 04.05.15
    EDD: 01.08.15
  • I feel like I look more pregnant now (21 w today!), but when I was still in the "Is she pregnant or just fat?" stage, wearing maternity clothes helped to make it clear to people.  I'm a teacher and I didn't really need to be wearing maternity clothes yet when I went back to school a few weeks ago, but I think that wearing them made me look more pregnant.  The shirts that tie around the waist empire-style will help.
  • I'm 20w, 3d and I've had a noticeable bump since about 11w. My cousin in 28w and she is way smaller than me. No matter what I wear, it's obvious I'm pregnant. I'm just embracing the bump! :)
  • I didn't show until 24 weeks as a ftm. Now I'm a 3rd timer and showed at like 18.