August 2015 Moms

Ugh

Let me first start by saying I know I sound ridiculous. Just need to get this out. I'm 40w2d and my SIL is also expecting and is due September 2nd. Well guess who is on their way to the hospital in labor? Nope of course it's not me, the one who is actually overdue! I know you can't pick when the baby decides to come but I can't help but feel sad and angry that it's not me going to the hospital!! She is the type that will rub it in my face that she went first...and I know it's not a race, but ughhh I wish I wasn't feeling this way. Also, now I worry that I will also go into labor later today and our babies will have the same birthday which will really suck!!! My mom is telling me to hold her in but come on...she is going to come when she comes and there is nothing I can do about it. I will obviously get over this, and I am happy for my SIL and brother, I just wish it was me!

Re: Ugh

• mrsb30mrsb30 member
    edited August 2015
    I know you're ready to have your baby, but just some perspective. Do you really think your sister In law will rub it in your face her baby was born 4 weeks premature? Nobody wants that. I'm sure she wishes you were going first and her baby was still inside growing.

Edit to add I do understand wanting to have your baby. My sister had her baby the week I was due but she was 8 weeks early. None of us wanted that, but I do understand where you are coming from. I just doubt your sister in ln law wants this.
  • ckennett62814ckennett62814 member
    edited August 2015
    @mrsb30 She's due September 2nd...that's not 4 weeks premature Lol she is only 3 days early

Edit: our due dates were only 5 days apart to begin with, so I always knew there was a chance she would go before me.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsb30 She's due September 2nd...that's not 4 weeks premature Lol she is only 3 days early

Edit: our due dates were only 5 days apart to begin with, so I always knew there was a chance she would go before me.

Omg I'm so sorry lol! I feel ridiculous, clearly I have no concept of time right now. Please forgive my ridiculousness!
  • @mrsb30 hey no worries quickly looking at it I see how it could look like 22nd instead of 2nd. And I know that this is ridiculous of me anyway lol just my crazy hormones!
  • I feel for you!  I am 40 weeks +2days and am going stark raving mad.  
    Induction for me tonight which I am scared about.
    And the stupid nurse at my doctors office told me "why haven't you had your baby yet, all the other pregnant moms have"

I could have killed her!  hang in there lady, the end will be near (your sister in law can have a gentle throat punch from me for going first!)
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I totally know what you mean. My cousin who is 12 years younger than me was only due two days before me, but of course I assumed I would go before her with my third baby - after all it was her first baby! Nope, she went two weeks early and I went two days late. So for two and half weeks I had to stew about how she was so lucky she was done. Lol!