December 2015 Moms

trash! all i smell is Trash!!!!

Pretty much title says it all! If I have an empty can, full can, half, can outside. I clean the can, got smelly trash bags, and cleaned the entire house still smell it! Candles, spray only lasts a little bit!!! Does any one have this issue and what can I do!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Have the baby lol! Your sense of smell increases so you will smell everything!!! We joke that I can get a side job as a police dog because I smell things before they even become smells.
  • Loading the player...
  • Perhaps you have something rotten hidden in your house. Maybe it's your sink disposal or something in the fridge.

Thanks for the reminder! I haven't cleaned the disposal this week.
  • I basically gag and puke when I smell garbage and I can smell it anywhere. Sometimes I put garbage in the outside bin, hold my breath, and still knowing how gross it is I still start gagging.
  • I don't have a garbage disposal! Or a dish washer. I clean my fridge with Lysol/clorox wipes 1X a week. I do/have sprayed my can down:( I might have a dead mouse though!!! Ugh! Now I have to call the terrible terrible nasty land lady! I swear she's a 24/7 bitch! From day 1, she bitched at me and lectured me over stupid stuff.? I wanted to be like ever since day 1, you have been such a nasty person. Its not my fault someone never caulked the bathroom and it has a little leak. Or the well dried because the neighbors toilet sticks...sheesh. But perhaps trash smell will go away! If I could get this baby out now I would. I look 30 weeks along!!!:(
  • You are not alone. I have had what I call a "super sniffer" since I was pregnant - I smell everything. I have never smelled anything unpleasant on my husband and now all I can smell is his feet. Ew.
  • Oh I was not wishing for my baby to be born early!!! I was being sarcastic to the jerk who said have the baby... Cuz obviously I can't just go snap and have the baby. I do wish I could hurry and be full term because I have other pregnancy stuff that sucks!
  • mltarrio said:

You are not alone. I have had what I call a "super sniffer" since I was pregnant - I smell everything. I have never smelled anything unpleasant on my husband and now all I can smell is his feet. Ew.

I feel like its extremely obnoxious and I can ease smells! I found a thing online after cleaning was suggested, cuz it doesn't help. I took purification essential oils and cleaned with it! I don't smell trash as much! I only Smell it when trash is full!:)! Yeah!!!!
  • Master of the house
    Keeper of the zoo
    Ready to relieve 'em
    Of a sou or two
    Watering the wine
    Making up the weight
    Pickin' up their knick-knacks
    When they can't see straight
    Everybody loves a landlord
    Everybody's bosom friend
    I do whatever pleases
    Jesus! Won't I bleed 'em in the end!
  • satindawl83satindawl83 member
    edited August 2015
    MrsBwIVF said:

Perhaps you have something rotten hidden in your house. Maybe it's your sink disposal or something in the fridge.

Well I learned something new. Figured a garbage disposal cleaned itself when it disposed the garbage.
    $-)
  • I had a lot of issues with this during my previous pregnancy. Trash smells, litter box smells, and I swear everyone the A/C came on it was sucking cigarette smoke in from oitside. Hubby started buying citrus magic air fresheners in bulk and hiding them around the apartment. I feel like it helped.

You might also try cleaning under/around the fridge if you haven't yet. I had a dog that would shove potato scraps under there and they would Roy and stink. Another fridge would get condensation build up underneath and stuff would grow.
  • MrsBwIVF said:

Perhaps you have something rotten hidden in your house. Maybe it's your sink disposal or something in the fridge.

Well I learned something new. Figured a garbage disposal cleaned itself when it disposed the garbage.
    $-)
    I buy these little ball capsules at the grocery store. You just plunk one in with running water for a couple of minutes and it helps clean it out and smell like citrus.