Trying to Get Pregnant

AF cramps worse TTC

This will be our 4th month TTC and ever since we started trying, when AF shows I've started getting the most debilitating and painful cramps on the first day. Normally I'll have mild cramping that is easily cured by some pain medication. But these last three cycles, I've literally been writhing on the bed, with heat pads on my ovaries, praying for the 1000mg of pain reliever to kick in. It's been insane. And again, this has only started since we began TTC. Just curious if anyone else experienced this type of change? Not concerned or anything, just noticed the change.

Re: AF cramps worse TTC

• This will be our 4th month TTC and ever since we started trying, when AF shows I've started getting the most debilitating and painful cramps on the first day. Normally I'll have mild cramping that is easily cured by some pain medication. But these last three cycles, I've literally been writhing on the bed, with heat pads on my ovaries, praying for the 1000mg of pain reliever to kick in. It's been insane. And again, this has only started since we began TTC. Just curious if anyone else experienced this type of change? Not concerned or anything, just noticed the change.

Did you just come off BC? My cramps are worse, but I've been on BC more then I haven't since I started my period, so I don't really know what my periods are like over a long term time frame.

• My cramps have been way worse since going off BC.  
  • Loading the player...
  • It's very common to have cramps when off of the pill. While on the pill, you were having "withdrawal bleeding" at the end of every BC pack. Now that you are off the pill, your body is having an actual period and building up and then shedding the lining every cycle.
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• Ditto PP.  I have awful period cramps the first day of AF since coming off the pill.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• I've been off BC for nearly three years. Was just using condoms. So it's not related to that, fortunately/unfortunately.
  • I'm sorry yours cramps are debilitating and painful. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. Because your cramps are not post-BC related and recently started happening, my advice is to go get checked out by a doctor.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • I'm having the same issues. And haven't been on bc. If bad again I am calling doctor....I don't know what else to do. It makes no sense, unless it's bc I'm stressing trying to get pregnant.
  • Perhaps you are more hyperaware of everything? I know that at least with TTC I'm cognizant of every little symptom; first day of AF when you know you aren't KU, with the added stress of that, could be causing it as well.

• Deeny14 said:

Perhaps you are more hyperaware of everything? I know that at least with TTC I'm cognizant of every little symptom; first day of AF when you know you aren't KU, with the added stress of that, could be causing it as well.

^ this. My boobs always got tender before AF, but now that I am looking for signs of pregnancy, it is like they hurt so bad they feel like they are being ripped off my body. Every month I feel like they are getting worse, this month was particularly awful. I have chalked it up to be hypersensitive and more aware than ever of changes in my body.
    BabyGaga
  • Also, I lived on about two Advil a day and for the last two months have taken maybe about 3 total. Could be a cause as well? If it is horrible again, I will can doctor just to get an opinion. Last month was super heavy and super crampy, but I'm trying to ween out non-organic tampons (read too much on the chemicals with the regular ones) so perhaps i was jut hyper aware?
  • KOR1219 said:
    Also, I lived on about two Advil a day and for the last two months have taken maybe about 3 total. Could be a cause as well? If it is horrible again, I will can doctor just to get an opinion. Last month was super heavy and super crampy, but I'm trying to ween out non-organic tampons (read too much on the chemicals with the regular ones) so perhaps i was jut hyper aware?
    Yes, PP, not taking Advil may cause you to feel AF pain more acutely.