Babies: 0 - 3 Months

breastfeeding/ pumping waking with hot sweats an hard tits?

Every two hours I get up to pump,my son eats every four . I've been feeling out of it an sweaty an my breast are starting to get sore around the areola. I m afraid that maybe the reason he is spitting up every feeding. The only other thing is we were bringing him downstairs . How do I know if my boobs are sick or if it's just normal .

Re: breastfeeding/ pumping waking with hot sweats an hard tits?

• Sounds like you may have a fever caused by mastitis. I just had mastitis and the only way I knew something wasn't right was that I was sweating yet getting the chills, my boobs began really hurting when my son was feeding and my breasts were hot. I would go see your doctor they can give you medicine for it.
  • Hard tits lol. Call your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • You can get the night sweats from the sudden change in hormones as well. My doctor warned me ... I'd assume it's similar to the temperature changes we will experience during menopause. Hot flashes, cold sweats. We get it all.
  • It might be a sign of mastitis but like mama113 said is right. I have felt like that after every pregnancy. Hot flashes. Sweating with chills and it wasn't because of my boobs. Just the lovely hormones after giving birth.