July 2015 Moms
Options

Naps

my dd is 7 weeks..she has been doing REALLY well sleeping at night (knock on wood). She will pretty much sleep 12 hours, waking up definitely once, sometimes twice to eat but goes right back to sleep. However, during the day I cannot get her to take a good nap. She takes many cat naps, but won't sleep longer than maybe an hour at a time. I feel like she is awake too much for being as little as she is (if that's possible..) so just wanted to check in and see what other babies' sleep habits are at this point.

Re: Naps

• Options
    I should add that I try to follow the sleep eat play pattern but a lot of times she's ready to eat again before she falls back asleep which kind of defeats that pattern..and also she will rarely
    Nap in something other than someone's arms..she can be fast asleep but the second she's laid down her eyes open
  • Options
    I am living exactly what you just mentioned!! And I have no idea how to solve it. I'm just now trying to get my LO to sleep in her bassinet, but every time I lay her down bam her eyes are open. She's screaming as I type this and I'm getting tired of rocking her back to sleep. But I shall go get her now
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @randa923 cute pic! Love the turtle butt!
  • Options
    I am lucky & get a couple long naps out of him during the day! Funny though it puts a lot of pressure on me... Should I nap? Should I pump? Should I take him in the bathroom & shower? Should I eat? Should I do some chores??? Aaaahhh!! :-?? What to do???
  • Options
    I am currently in the same situation too. My LO is almost 7 weeks and will sleep great at night but barely ever naps. Yesterday he was up from 9:30 am until 11:30 pm with only 3 cat naps, he wasn't even fussy during the day but I thought it was weird that he was up so long because he is still little. I am glad that I'm not the only one going through this. (Btw he slept from 11:30 last night until 1:00 this afternoon) :)
  • Options
    @ecloho thanks! I love cute baby butts! Lol he's got a football butt and a monkey butt too! And I'm with you on the pressure. I'm the same way when he naps and I can actually set him down. I usually end up doing some chores.
  • Options
    DD has been awake for a long stretch lately in the morning, maybe 4 hours, but then takes a really long nap of about 3-4 hours. Then she's usually up with a few minutes of dozing here and there until bedtime.
    She is 1 month old.
  • Options
    My little guy sleeps happily In his bassinet at night, although We only sleep in 3 hour stretches max. But during the day he will only nap strapped to me in the moby wrap. If I put him down he is awake 10 minutes later. I am getting very good at one handed maneuvers with him strapped to me. So much for my plan transition to the crib gradually if he won't nap there during the day. He is 5 weeks so maybe I am getting ahead of myself dreaming of naps in the crib?
  • Options
    @jenna&jesse2013 my dd screams practically every time I put her in her crib..she can be happy as a lark and within 2 min of being set in it (most times I don't even lay her down, I just prop her up on a boppy) she is crying

Thanks everyone for the responses..glad I'm not the only one who's been figuring out how to do a lot one handed lol
  • Options
    DD (8 weeks) will only nap more than 20 minutes in her swing or car seat (after a car ride). I swaddle her and try so she'll learn to sleep in her crib. Then I just rock her and move her to her swing. DS was the same at this age but eventually he learned to sleep flat in his crib, I think closer to 3-4 months.
  • Options
    I have found that using my swaddleme blankets help with my little one when it comes to naps and/or sleeping. They are pretty awesome. He normally can ONLY sleep in his R&P. I think it's because he loves that it "cuddles" him in. But I'm trying to get him to nap in his crib now so we can get him used to it. Normally if I put him down when he nice and fast asleep he wakes up the second I put him down. But if I have him wrapped up in the swaddleme blanket he doesn't peep! It's worked pretty well for the last few naps today so hopefully this will last!