September 2015 Moms
Options

Am I being too sensitive?

If anyone is going to tell me the truth it'll be this board.
Background: I have GD and was diagnosed a little later then most people. 33rd week ultrasound showed baby in 53rd percentile.
So yesterday at 38+1 I had another ultrasound and my OB said he's 7lbs 15 oz!!!!

Re: Am I being too sensitive?

• Options
    I'm confused, what does being too sensitive have to do with what you are saying? Sensitive about what?
  • Options
    And it ate the rest of my post. Which is, 1 told one person who told the neighborhood. And I had someone ask me while laughing when I left to run errands today if I was returning all the newborn clothes I have (2 outfits FYI) since I'm having a big baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    meg11287 said:

I'm confused, what does being too sensitive have to do with what you are saying? Sensitive about what?

The main part of my post didn't show up. Which is the neighbors find it hilarious when I only told one who took it upon herself to gossip. I'm super pissed because I don't find it funny since I'm processing that I will likely not have the birth experience that I want.
  • Options
    I don't think your being to sensitive but I also wouldn't let it get to you, just keep your head up!
  • Options
    Ok gotcha, I was really confused before... No I don't think you are being sensitive, 1.people shouldn't tell other people's business 2. It's not like 7lb 15oz is that huge- your baby will still probably fit into NB clothes at least for a week or so! People are rude, it's not you!!
  • Options
    momofsweetpsmomofsweetps member
    edited August 2015
    That doesn't seem all that big to me. My little man came in at 7 lbs, 14 oz at our 35.5 week ultrasound. Ultrasounds can be off either direction. He will be perfect Momma so don't stress and let others make you feel bad.
  • Options
    It's rude that people are saying those things but try not to internalize it. First, you did nothing wrong to be in the position that you're in. Second, unfortunately most people don't know what it's like to be pregnant so they say insensitive stuff. It hurts but we're all also very emotional right now so don't let their insensitive comment impact a long term neighbor relationship.

I'm sorry that you fear you're going to lose the birth experience for which you had hoped. Just remember that as long as you have a healthy baby, that is ALL that matters in the end.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! As of right now since I am diet controlled, and not dialated and he's not dropped she's letting me go longer and doesn't want to try to induce me because of the increased chance of a c-section.
  • Options
    My first child was 9lbs 10oz and she wore NB clothes for the first 3 weeks or so. Also, people are jerks. Don't let them get you done.

If it helps ease your mind... I had her vaginally but I did get an epidural. I also only had 2 stitches. Anything is possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My 9-lb baby fit in NB clothes. Don't worry about what they said.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just to show you how not big your baby is...my BFF is 7 weeks behind me(I'm 38+3) and she has GD and her baby measures at 6.4 lbs at her growth U/s. Now that will be a big baby. You're so close to term, you could honestly go any day, and baby won't be any bigger...also, those scans can be wrong. Don't worry about what people say. You're baby will be perfect regardless of what he weighs and you will be so in love you wont care what clothes he is wearing.
  • Options
    I'm sorry! Don't talk to that girl anymore! You can just tell us! We don't know your real people so if we blab it won't matter! Haha
    Seriously though- it's weird when people have to retell all your business. If it's not bragging on how awesome you are they should keep it to themselves.
  • Options

I'm sorry! Don't talk to that girl anymore! You can just tell us! We don't know your real people so if we blab it won't matter! Haha
    Seriously though- it's weird when people have to retell all your business. If it's not bragging on how awesome you are they should keep it to themselves.

Lol that's what I should have done was come here first!
    I felt bad for my poor husband because I immediately had an emotional moment on him. It's been a rough week.
  • Options
    I had an ultrasound at 36w5d and baby is measuring 7lb 8oz. I don't have GD, my total weight gain is 26, and my fundal height is 37. Some babies are just big, just like some people are just rude!