Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Toddler bed/pillow and sheets

This is probably a very dumb question, but it's been on my mind a lot lately. My daughter is almost two and she is still in her crib. She doesn't climb out, loves to play in bed to finish waking up, and takes a bit to fall asleep at night. Because of these things I'm not in a hurry to get rid of her crib, but I was wondering when you give them a pillow and such? I assume she'll get real proper bedding with a toddler bed, but since I'm not sure when to move her I was just wondering what other people have done. Thanks for the input!

(Just as an FYI she currently sleeps with her blankies and stuffed elephant)

Re: Toddler bed/pillow and sheets

• edited August 2015
    Don't feel bad, my 3.5yo is STILL in her crib too! She's a crazy kid and would NEVER stay in bed if she had the freedom to get out, she sleeps with a bunch of stuffed animals and a huge stuffed dog from IKEA as her pillow. Oh and a fleece blanket, but she never keeps it on anyway so I am not going to try to give her real bedding anytime soon. As for pillows, just recently ahe has shown interest in an Elsa pillow so we got it for her, and then the first night she dumped it out and went back to sleeping with her dog or flat on the mattress. No rush in my opinion. You can try, but I doubt your LO will actually stay ON the pillow all night.
  • I only moved my son to a bed because I needed the crib for the new baby.

Do you think she wants a pillow? My 3.5 year old has a pillow on his bed but doesn't even use it and doesn't like it!

If your daughter wants a pillow and likes it then I say go ahead and put one in there. Might make it a tad more crowded but go for it.

• Loading the player...
  • redfallonredfallon member
    edited August 2015
    My daughter will be 2 in a couple of weeks. She's had a toddler pillow for a few months now and sleeps on it all night. She also has a blanket every night that she sleeps under and will pull back on top of her if it comes off.

Depends on the kid.

ETA: She's been in her crib with the toddler rail since she was 22 months. Pillow and blanket came before that.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thanks everyone for the responses! She loves to lounge on our pillows when in bed with us, but I don't know that she really cares to have it to sleep. I just didn't want to be depriving her of something. Ha. Thanks again!
  • Thanks everyone for the responses! She loves to lounge on our pillows when in bed with us, but I don't know that she really cares to have it to sleep. I just didn't want to be depriving her of something. Ha. Thanks again!
    DD also likes to lounge on our big pillows, but when I tried to put a regular-size pillow in her bed to sleep (it was a flatter one than what we have) she didn't like it. She loves her toddler-size pillow, though. This is the one that we got:

Best & Safest TODDLER PILLOW since 2007 - Hypoallergenic - Superior Quality - No Flame Retardants - Machine washable - 200 Thread Count Percale - Soft - Kids Ages 2 thru 4 - MADE IN THE USA
    by A Little Pillow Company
    Link: https://amzn.com/B009JV34RC

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers