Infertility

Ovulation and Progesterone

Hi Everyone! So this month was my first IUI. I took the trigger on Tuesday since I was "ready" to ovulate. By Thursday it did not seem I had ovulated yet. We did the IUI then, then my RE said to start progesterone that night. Now I'm wondering if I should have waited?! I've only taken two days-should I stop? Why would he have me take it until confirming ovulation? Because I did the hcg?

Re: Ovulation and Progesterone

• Bump. Anyone? Please help.

• So sorry. I have no experience with this but I would trust your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • He has you doing the progesterone in case the IUI worked and the egg fertilized.
    You should continue to take in case you are pregnant. The progesterone helps implant and keep you pregnant.
    How did your RE know you did not ovulate after trigger?
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • I started progesterone the 1st night after IUI.  RE wants you to get that extra boost and keep everything sticky to help with implantation.  I would not stop taking it if that is what your RE wants you to do.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Mine also has me start the morning after my iui. I sometimes wonder what if I didn't ovulate would this be bad but I do what the dr says
  • babyexpressbabyexpress member
    edited August 2015

Mine also has me start the morning after my iui. I sometimes wonder what if I didn't ovulate would this be bad but I do what the dr says
    I asked about that when i was in RE office yesterday.  They said it will not hurt anything, it is strictly giving you the extra boost.  I took mine 2 days early- by accident.

They also said you can BD all you want, it won't effect DH.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• PinknightsPinknights member
    edited August 2015
    KMetcalfe77-he did an ultrasound Thursday morning after the second IUI. That's when the two follicles were still there in perfect circles (about 40 hours after trigger). He did not do the ultrasound and IUI (an RE nurse did) the previous day when I had three follicles. When I asked-I'm not sure he understood that it was different from the day before.

But I guess I released the other egg...!

• PinknightsPinknights member
    edited August 2015
    Rachlee2010-Ok, I'm not the other one second guessing. I need to just trust in the doctors.

• If this cycle doesn't work (currently in 2WW) I think I might insist on an ultrasound in the future before the IUI. My biggest worry is doing the IUI too soon and my DH works 4 hours away during the week so it's not like we can BD if I didn't ovulate yet.
    But back to your original question, the progesterone shouldn't hurt anything. Follow your RE's orders.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle