2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone have a shorten cervix

I went for my 20 week ultra sound and they said I have a shorten cervix they have me one medicine that is supposed to help but I have to take it until the baby is born but the baby may be pre term anyone else having this issue

Re: Anyone have a shorten cervix

• Options
    I had my anatomy scan on August5th. My baby girl is perfectly healthy but they were worried that my cervix is too short. My doctor referred me for another ultrasound, so next week Thursday hopefully I should no more. :)
  • Options
    Well I have to get my cervix stitched no fun at all the protostoron medicine didn't work for me good luck tho
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My cervix was short at my 21 scan (twins so I get scans every 2 weeks). It was 18mm. Dr prescribed me protesterone to insert vaginally every night. They then made me come back every week for internal ultrasounds to check cervix and the next week it shortened from 18mm to 12mm. That night I had to get an emergency stitch in my cervix and stayed at the hospital over night. Now on complete bed rest until the end of my pregnancy.

Keep taking your medications, keep seeing dr every week to keep an eye on your cervix, if it shortens below 15mm you will go on bed rest and the will probably recommend putting a stitch in.

Do all you can to keep bub in as long as possible. Bub won't survive if born before 24 weeks. And even if they dr says just take it easy, REALLY take it easy. I mean don't lift, dont walk around for too long. Etc.