Infertility

Don't you hate....

How every single twinge makes you think so much. It's totally normal to get a pain a twinge a cramp etc anytime and you never think twice about it but after trying to get pregnant so long every little thing makes you think: could it be pregnant? Do I have a cyst? Is af coming? So frustrating

Re: Don't you hate....

• Girl, this is so true! This was my month off from fertility treatments, so I was trying to take the most relaxed approach ever and not even think about possibly being pregnant. Then, the evening of exactly 7dpo, I had the strangest pulling/twinges/throbbing exactly where my uterus is. It lasted around 15 -30 minutes. I had it the next day in the same spot for only a minute or two. I became convinced it was implantation! Fast forward to today, 14dpo, and I got a BFN and can feel AF gearing up to arrive any minute. Ugh...I was so disappointed especially since I was looking forward to as stress free of a 2ww as possible. Oh well...at least now I'm back in a positive mindframe and very excited to start my next round of treatment. Moving in to injectables!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • I'm laying here in bed (on the forum of course!!) and I'm analyzing the cramping in my stomach. Is it normal? Is it AF? Could it be implantation?
    UGH! I just want to sleep, but I am consumed by these thoughts!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Loading the player...
  • After I wrote this post (like 2 hours later) I went to the bathroom and right after had horrible pain in my pelvic region. I'm guessing it was leftover gas or something as I literally had just used the bathroom but it is not something I've had happen before so I was thinking I must have some huge cyst or something. Ughhhh
  • In this respect, I'm own worst enemy. I unintentionally set myself up for disappointment every cycle.
  • So true! Anytime I have a stomach ache in the morning, my beasts are tender, I am more tired than normal, have heartburn or pfff pretty much anything! I think, maybe I am pregnant. It's tough to find a good place between allowing your self to have hope, being realistic and not getting your hopes up. Hang in there.
  • Been there and it's exhausting!! I went through multiple months of the same feelings, both physically and emotionally (because it's more often a let-down). After more than 2 yrs of TTC and 3 MCs, DH and I are taking steps to determine hormone treatment and have been told to hold off on TTC until Dr has a plan. Let me tell you, over the last few cycles I've been more relaxed and free of that anxiety than I have been for a good year, and guess what, I still have the twinges-- funny how your emotions control your analytical thinking!! I know those days and night of overthinking every feeling will eventually return and days will feel like years until testing day... no one in our position will ever be completely free of them!
  • Yes! Started having breakthrough bleeding months ago but when it started I didn't realize what it was so the spotting had me thinking "Implantation!" .... until it very clearly wasn't. 
  • With you! It's sickening how obsessed I get. I had cold like symptoms with a slight fever of 99.5 yesterday and go straight to google to see if it could be. I wish I could just go through these two weeks like any regular day but it's hard when you want something so bad. I had to go to the doctor and they drew blood for a pregnancy test at 6 days post iui and I knew it would be negative but I broke down in full on tears like it was over. I'm only 7 days post now. Fx
  • Hi everyone, I'm completely on the same boat. I can't stop wondering if every little twinge means I'm pregnant.

Also want to stress how much I HATE progesterone. I'm 7dpiui and on cinone gel. It's making me very tired, bloated, headaches, cramps...all pregnancy signs. This is so frustrating.

Sorry, just needed to vent.
  • I totally agree! I am right there with you all! The 2ww is the hardest and it seems to go by very slow.

@Rachd110- I HATE progesterone too! I am on endometrin (suppositories) and it's just awful. I am 4dpiui and I get all of the same symptoms, including weight gain! Ugh! Can't wait for the beta!!  

• @Rachd110 I HATE the crinone too. Especially the white clumps that are still there. My RE said to we can still BD during TWW but I can't stand the thought of my DH seeing, touching, whatevering the white clumps. Eww
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • @Rachd110 and @kmetcalfe77 I also hate crinone and the clumps. I'm also on estrogen tablets vaginally and they are a teal color so my clumps are colorful. I specifically asked my dr about bding while on them and while it's a little grosser it's totally safe and fine according to her
  • I know the feeling! I haven't even gotten an IUI yet but the whole time we have been TTC everything I feel I question. It is so frustrating. There were two times I really thought I was pregnant and took a test. NOPE!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I'm 8dpiui and have one more week 'til my beta. This 2ww is going by really slow.
  • @Rachd110 are you having any kind of cramping? I have never felt cramps like this. There not painful like Af cramps and there low in uterus. I couldn't sleep last night. Seem worse at night. Just curious. I had iui with no meds. I only get Af cramps a day or 2 before and I'm 6 days away from Af
  • @islagirl1218 yes, I have minor cramping, it's on and off all day. It's in my uterus and I feel it more at night. I took Clomid cd3-7 and now progesterone. I also have very sore nipples, which I believe is from the progesterone.