December 2015 Moms
Options

Good news!

My SO finally got a job today and it's full time with decent pay! It's such a huge relief to know we won't be relying on my wage. So I'm totally over the moon!

Anyone else got good news (big or small) they wanna share?
Happy Friday!! :)

Re: Good news!

• Options
    None really at the moment except its Friday! woowhoo, cheers on your good news that's awesome   <:-P

• Options
    Yayayayyyy! That's awesome! I don't have any good news other than it's finally Friday! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is great news :)
    I had my 24 week check up yesterday (at almost 25 weeks because I'm a slacker lol) and my OB was thrilled to feel how much baby was kicking and that it was so strong and frequent already. It took a few attempts to get his heart rate because he kept kicking the Doppler away. Her measurements estimated around a week ahead of my due date, which is great considering he's been a tiny guy so far. He's been moving and kicking like crazy when he hears music and voices. If I play music on my phone and rest it on my belly, he flips so his head is right underneath. That's my good news, that my little man is doing very well and is healthy.
  • Options
    My job is letting me do 4 months of maternity leave instead of just 3 which is pretty awesome. My DH and I work at the same place so my GM was wondering what to do when I come back since it's a night job and there's only one place in town that does overnight care and it has a long waiting list. We only work 4 nights a week so he offered to stagger my DH's and my schedule so that we could both be off on different nights and then have one night a week where we are both off together so that we wouldn't really have to put baby into day/night care if we didn't want to. It was very generous and understanding of him. 
  • Options
    Congrats! I finally found and started my new job last week. I am liking it so far. I should be able to take 6 weeks of unpaid medical leave when the baby comes too.

I also get to go back to school online for medical coding for free starting next Monday.
  • Options
    Whooots!! Congrats to you guys :) my husband just found out he got hired on for a second job so I know it's a nice feeling to have some extra income. Good for your SO!
  • Options
    Congrats! that is awesome news! My DH also just got a much more stable job and higher pay with benefits that he starts Monday and we are so excited!!! It was like  weight lifted off my shoulders so much stress relieved :D
  • Options
    Congrats to everyone on their news, they're all fantastic! I'm so happy for you all :D
  • Options
    I just found out this week that I passed my first section of the CPA exam which is a huge deal for me and we sold our house this week so it's been a very good week!
  • Options

My job is letting me do 4 months of maternity leave instead of just 3 which is pretty awesome. My DH and I work at the same place so my GM was wondering what to do when I come back since it's a night job and there's only one place in town that does overnight care and it has a long waiting list. We only work 4 nights a week so he offered to stagger my DH's and my schedule so that we could both be off on different nights and then have one night a week where we are both off together so that we wouldn't really have to put baby into day/night care if we didn't want to. It was very generous and understanding of him. 

This is so wonderful of your GM! I love hearing of companies that try to help familes!