April 2014 Moms

No Delicate Way To Ask This... Humping Issues?

Good Day Ladies! I usually stalk the board but don't post frequently. Hoping you can help answer a quick question. Do any of your LO's hump? My LO will lay on the floor and hump or sometimes lay on her stomach, reach her hands to her diaper and uh.. rub! At first I thought she was just itchy but she does it at least once a day if not more. Should I be concerned or should I try to stop it? No one prepared me for this one!
**TTC since April 2010**
DH diagnosed with moderate MFI, low everything, me low AMH
3 IUI's and 1 IVF all BFN's, almost gave up hope
June 2013- One last IUI for the heck of it... BFP! Complete shock!
April 2014- Eliana- In Hebrew means The Lord has Answered! Welcome to the world my miracle baby!

September 2016- Surprise BFP without medical assistance! New Baby due June 2017!

Re: No Delicate Way To Ask This... Humping Issues?

• Im so sorry you haven't gotten any responses. My DS has not done this so i have no advice. I would try to google and see! Good luck!
  • My niece did this. It was just a stage. I don't remember what we told her to get her to stop. I think just "no"?
  • Loading the player...
  • I read an article about this yesterday on the baby center website- they said its normal and can be a phase- kids at this age are not sexual so it's nothing to be concerned about; they are just exploring and discovering their bodies.
  • I would talk to your pediatrician to see what they advise. None of mine did it but I'd probably just constantly redirect without drawing attention to the action at this age. I taught prek for several years at a facility that required naps and I averaged 2 kids per year that would do it to fall asleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml