1st Trimester

Not as far along

I had an u/s today with a strong heart beat of 149. I thought I was 8 weeks 4 days, but the tech said I am measuring at 7 weeks 1 day. She said this is completely normal because it might have taken longer for me to ovulate, and the sperm to travel, etc. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had feedback during an u/s similar to this?

Re: Not as far along

• Yes I thought I was 6 weeks but was only 5. Unless you know when you ovulated by charting and tempting you can't really go by your LMP. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Interestingly enough, everyone says u/s are crazy accurate. But I was charting and temping and know the EXACT date I ovulated and they were measuring me a whole week ahead. Meaning they moved my due date from March 10 to March 4. So don't worry too much about it. I'd assume that even babies of this size grow at different rates from each other, just as babies outside the womb. Due dates hardly matter anyway, baby will come when baby is ready. Don't stress! Sounds like baby is healthy!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an u/s today with a strong heart beat of 149. I thought I was 8 weeks 4 days, but the tech said I am measuring at 7 weeks 1 day. She said this is completely normal because it might have taken longer for me to ovulate, and the sperm to travel, etc. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had feedback during an u/s similar to this?

There's a search function that comes in handy with questions like this. Lurking is good too considering there's already two posts on this first page alone similar to yours.