February 2016 Moms

Fffc 8/28

2»

Re: Fffc 8/28

• wisco29 said:

I dislike the name of this thread. If it's not really flame free why not just call it Friday confessions?

Because we do. ;)
    Because The Bump.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Loading the player...
  • je5sc0 said:
    My BIL's girlfriend says fool instead of full, thank instead of think, and "we was" alllllll of the time.
    I worked with a woman in a managerial position who spelled and said the word "feel" like "fill".  I thought she was just mispronouncing it till I saw it in written form.  She actually wrote emails to clients with this incorrect spelling.  "I fill that it is necessary to take further measures..."  English is her first and only language, so I have NO idea where she got this from, but it drove me nuts!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Here's my FFC:  My husband and I went to see Jefferson Starship play a free concert on the pier last night and I drank some of his wine.  And I was more concerned about getting caught drinking on the beach (illegal) than I was about having half a glass of wine or so while pregnant.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I stalk other boards' UO and FFFC threads for entertainment (and inspiration sometimes!).
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16

• I'm covered in a itchy rash and I've had thought of taking a cheese grater (not literally) to my belly more then once today.
    I have this too...have you looked into PUPPPS?  Google it. I had it w/ DS and now this LO.  I did not have it w/ DD though but if you Google it will tell you why.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • @Twindling no judgement here. I took custody of my four nieces last year and it's incredibly hard. If one forgets their water bottle for school (on the way to school) we have to make a quick stop at 7-11 and I would leave them in the car and lock the car. A quick in and out I could see my car from inside of the store and it just made sense. I'm not going to pull four small children out of the car in the snow/ice for a bottle of water. Also, one might say to send the kid without a water bottle and I wasn't about to do that either. Unloading a car full of groceries with a baby inside I will leave the AC/heater running and lock the car and unload the groceries. I don't think anybody considers how hard it really is to tote a baby and all their stuff around. Twins are an entirely different battle TWICE the amount of stuff! Just like everything use common sense and what is best for the child. I'm not saying by any means this was a regular occurrence but if it's safer for you to unload one child at a time due to ice and snow then by all means I see no issue with that! Also the day care my nieces attend have staff everywhere most of the time a staff member will hang with them if I need to run the baby in or they are nice enough to come out and get the baby.
  • BBEA2006 said:

I'm covered in a itchy rash and I've had thought of taking a cheese grater (not literally) to my belly more then once today.

I have this too...have you looked into PUPPPS?  Google it. I had it w/ DS and now this LO.  I did not have it w/ DD though but if you Google it will tell you why.

I am thinking that's what it is but I'm hoping it's a allergic reaction to.... well anything over PUPPS would be ideal.

• Here's my FFFC---

I judge people who don't use "their" "there" and "they're" correctly, even in texts and social media.  It's and its aren't as big of a deal to me, but come on--we're talking about three very different words here, people!!  

And "your" and "you're"! 

Lately I'm side eyeing the number of people who don't know the difference between queue and cue. NOT the same word, folks!

I seen hole being used as whole earlier.... My biggest pet peeve is people who have horrible grammar/ just don't care enough to use correct words. I'm mobile and 99% of the time I think my sentences are good (sometimes I goof or just don't care) but reading a paragraph that's worst than a text from a 13 y.o. drives me insane! I think you look uneducated and finishing reading isn't even worth my time. (You being used in general.)

You "saw", not seen, since we're on the grammar train here. :)

• hvwitham said:
    Here's my FFFC---

I judge people who don't use "their" "there" and "they're" correctly, even in texts and social media.  It's and its aren't as big of a deal to me, but come on--we're talking about three very different words here, people!!  
    And "your" and "you're"! 
    Lately I'm side eyeing the number of people who don't know the difference between queue and cue. NOT the same word, folks!
    I seen hole being used as whole earlier.... My biggest pet peeve is people who have horrible grammar/ just don't care enough to use correct words. I'm mobile and 99% of the time I think my sentences are good (sometimes I goof or just don't care) but reading a paragraph that's worst than a text from a 13 y.o. drives me insane! I think you look uneducated and finishing reading isn't even worth my time. (You being used in general.)
    She probably meant "I've seen" 

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hvwitham said:
    Here's my FFFC---

And "your" and "you're"! 
    I don't think so, since she said "earlier" at the end of her sentence. "I've seen earlier" vs. "I saw earlier" ...
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • hvwitham said:

Here's my FFFC---

And "your" and "you're"! 

I've already been corrected and I admitted I messed up. But thanks.... Again. Lol

• paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited August 2015

hvwitham said:

Here's my FFFC---

And "your" and "you're"! 

I don't think so, since she said "earlier" at the end of her sentence. "I've seen earlier" vs. "I saw earlier" ...

This too. I admit I messed up. However, my paragraph is comprehensible even though one word is dickered. That 1% chance I mentioned above. ;)

Eta messed up again, but I caught it this time. Words are failing me!
  • Haha no worries @paytonpedro! I was correcting inomnia, not you ;)
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • I lied to my dr today during my physical. She asked me if I texted and drove and I said no. *shameface* I try not to but sometimes i do and it's terrible I know!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad to  know I'm not the only person on here who is side eyeing posts because of grammar. I will never claim to be perfect in this area, but any time I see things typed in that letter type talk I just want to reach through and smack people.

Y u gonna take the time 2 type like dis when its so much ezer to jus b typing 4 real?

These kinds of things drive me bonkers!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When people say they still text and drive I judge them HARDCORE. Sorry, but I'm side eyeing you right now @lovelydaye.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • edited August 2015

hvwitham said:

Here's my FFFC---

And "your" and "you're"! 

This too. I admit I messed up. However, my paragraph is comprehensible even though one word is dickered. That 1% chance I mentioned above. ;)

Eta messed up again, but I caught it this time. Words are failing me!

Also it should be worse, not worst. Since you are flaming grammar I couldn't resist.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My confession is that I had a burger, hot dog, a piece of pizza, and a cookie for dinner. I've been eating horribly the past three days. Normally, I am so conscious about clean(ish) and healthy eating... Even through the first trimester. I started school this week (teacher) and the stress and sudden lack of free time compared to my summer has lead my down a bad path. I feel so guilty about it! I want to feed this baby nutritious foods, not to mention I don't want to gain 100 lbs!
    Tomorrow's goal is to get back on track.

Also, I have left my kid in the car and gone in the house to get something before. I'm not worried that he will get stolen from my driveway- child abduction by a stranger is really pretty rare. However, when it is warm out I won't leave him in there for even a minute. The overhearing stuff is scary! I think I read on another post about free range parenting - that all sounds good but I know I'll be too much of a chicken to really do it. I'll be that mom following her kid home in the car while he thinks he is walking by himself.
  • This makes me cringe and brings me delight all at once
  • My FFFC is I keep having sexy dreams about celebrities! I feel weird about it but honestly know I can't control it and as long as I don't slip up and tell DH.. I really have no qualms about it!
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• People that call kids over 3 toddlers. Nope. Not toddlers. 

I do not care how many times people post the same thread in a day, and I've been on the boards for going on 5 years. I'm not sure why anyone else cares so much. I see you all caring. 

Leather couches. You are hot and sticky in the summer and brutally cold in the winter. 

I'm side eyeing. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

I do not care how many times people post the same thread in a day, and I've been on the boards for going on 5 years. I'm not sure why anyone else cares so much. I see you all caring. 

Leather couches. You are hot and sticky in the summer and brutally cold in the winter. 

I'm side eyeing. 
    Anything but leather couches with kids? You are crazy!
  • My FFFC is I keep having sexy dreams about celebrities! I feel weird about it but honestly know I can't control it and as long as I don't slip up and tell DH.. I really have no qualms about it!

at least yours are about people who aren't actually in your life.... :-SS
  • Twindling said:

People that call kids over 3 toddlers. Nope. Not toddlers. 

I'm side eyeing. 
    I hate leather couches. They are slipper and cold.... I also have cats so that would be a nightmare.

When we bought our couch in February we said its our 5 year couch. It's going to be gross or broken by the time the kids are old enough to be a lot less messy. Then it will just be a family room couch... Or a give away on the curb couch lol
  • wisco29 said:
    My FFFC is I keep having sexy dreams about celebrities! I feel weird about it but honestly know I can't control it and as long as I don't slip up and tell DH.. I really have no qualms about it!
    at least yours are about people who aren't actually in your life.... :-SS
    haha so true.. they're so much more vivid than pre-pregnancy dreams so I'm praying i never have to deal with that.. so awkward! 
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• wisco29 said:

Twindling said:

People that call kids over 3 toddlers. Nope. Not toddlers. 

I'm side eyeing. 
    I hate leather couches. They are slipper and cold.... I also have cats so that would be a nightmare.

When we bought our couch in February we said its our 5 year couch. It's going to be gross or broken by the time the kids are old enough to be a lot less messy. Then it will just be a family room couch... Or a give away on the curb couch lol
    Oh man, we have leather couches and yeah they are cold but we live in AZ so it's actually kinda nice. Plus they're super easy to clean with the dogs. If I had cats though that totally wouldn't work out. Hopefully our kid doesn't stab them with anything.
  • As soon as I read the grammar comment, I was going to say that "I seen" was my big one that screams uneducated/walmart to me, then I saw PPs post! Classic timing. At least you know it's wrong. @paytonpedro ;) I have an aunt that insists it's proper grammar because all her friends talk the same way.

My FFFC: I am exceptionally good at keeping my cool when I need to, but today, I was feeling straight rage towards a pt that was being intentionally difficult. I had to walk out mid conversation because I was about to lose my pregnant hormonal sh*t.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm side eyeing. 
    I also don't care about dupe posts. Been here 3.5 years. I just don't read them. I also don't get very involved in a BMB in the beginning, though, when people get crazy and stuff like that's happening a lot.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• bookqueen said:

This is more a not so UO than a FFFC, but since we are talking grammar, I have to say it.

I Really Hate When People Type Like This. Why Does It Come Out This Way With Every Word Capitalized?????

I know I've seen that before and it was some sort of phone error they claimed. Otherwise they have a lot of patience to capitalize each word which mobile would be a pita
  • I bought a pie yesterday at the grocery. My lover caught me taking a fork to it last night. He joined in :)

I had a sex dream about a coworker a few weeks ago. A female coworker. I still can't look her in the eye and she usually asks me how I'm feeling every day.
  • DaisyTortillaDaisyTortilla member
    edited August 2015
    It is such a hassle for me but I never leave the kids alone in the car. We don't really go anywhere anyways, but when we do, I always get them off even if it's for a second, it's a major pain in the butt, but it makes me feel at ease. Plus I live in south Texas, it is burning down here! Like I've said before, I'm a worry wort. My mom used to leave me in the car all time as a kid. Everyone does what they think is best and I respect that. I did however accidentally lock my kids in the house not too long ago. I was flipping out trying to break into my own house. Lol

My fffc: I purposely didn't order OJ today at drive thru so I could go to Starbucks! DH didn't like that! Lol
    jaimeruns said:

I skipped my workout, came home and ate a cupcake while watching scandal, and then took a nap. Now I want another cupcake.

I'm so jealous! I've been craving a good cupcake and there are none near me!! :((

Edit to add fffc lol

• wisco29 said:
    not actually flame free.... image
    I love this!