Baby Names

Cosette Winnie or Minnie?

which if any of these names is the cutest!?
Cosette
Winnie
Minnie

Re: Cosette Winnie or Minnie?

• Of those, Cosette by far.

Winifred nn Winnie or Minerva nn Minnie would both be nice too.
  • Not a fan of any of them - all bad associations. Minnie is a mouse, Winnie is a bear and Cosette is orphaned and exploited in Les Mis.

If I had to pick though I'd say Winifred and you could call her Winnie as a child. It's definitely not a full name.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Cosette is by far the best. Winnifred with nn Winnie is ok, but Winnie on it's own won't age well.

I live in Orlando and only crazies name their kids Minnie. It would be like cruel and unusual punishment here.
  • Why does your child need a cutesy, precious name? She's only going to wear it well for maybe 5 years. I agree with PP, find a full name you can use the cutie, babyish nickname with until she's a few years old and realizes it's a little too childish to grow up with.
  • SmrBrd2012SmrBrd2012 member
    edited August 2015
    Cosette just because it's the least "cute" but really not a fan of any of them. What about Colette?
  • What about Wynona, with Winnie as a NN?

imageimage
  • I know a Minnie full name Araminta
  • Love the nn Winnie. How about Winona with that nickname? That way, she can have a more refined formal name for when she's an adult.

I also like the name Cosete with the nn Cozy!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Cosete is fine. Not a fan of Winnie or Minnie at all. Way too cutesy.
  • Well...... Minnie is certainly the cutest! Which makes it the worst name choice.

Where are we going with this? If you're looking for baby nn's I think you've hit the nail on the head with 2/3. Cosette doesn't really fit that bill.

None of these makes a good, real first name.
  • I personally love the name Winnie. Not a fan of Minnie and Cosette I also love.
  • Winnie and Minnie are too cutesy.

I like Winifred nn Winnie. Winona is good too.

Wilhelmina could lend itself to both nicknames.

Melinda, Minerva, and Miranda are nice names that could work with the nickname Minnie.

Cosette is okay. I'm not a big fan of names that automatically make you think of something/someone else so I can't get over the Les Mis association, but I wouldn't side eye a child named this.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also Whitney is a good full name for nm Winnie.
  • Thank you for the help! I totally have cute little toddler girl in my head when thinking of names bc that's what baby's sister is :) I need to think adult name too!
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Cozette.
  • ecwkecwk member
    Winnie and Minnie are awful IMO. Cosette is better but just reminds me of Les Mis.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cosette screams I LOVE LES MIS!

Reminds me of the other lady who wanted to name her kid Eponine. Maybe these two can play together.
  • Winifred
    Winona
    Gwendolyn
    Elowen

With nickname Winnie.
  • COSETTE HANDS DOWN

Otherwise she will get called Winnie the Pooh or Minnie Mouse and that will just get annoying.
  • cosette is the only choice
  • So the Minnie Mouse reference wouldn't be something we could overlook? I guess that makes sense, and we do watch a lot of Mickey clubhouse over here. Thanks ladies
  • I don't think children should be given names that are nicknames. Give them a complete name and then call them a nickname. Or just go with Cosette. Le Mis is cool.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Margoek said:

So the Minnie Mouse reference wouldn't be something we could overlook? I guess that makes sense, and we do watch a lot of Mickey clubhouse over here. Thanks ladies

A 35 yo Minnie.... really?
  • Margoek said:

So the Minnie Mouse reference wouldn't be something we could overlook? I guess that makes sense, and we do watch a lot of Mickey clubhouse over here. Thanks ladies

Nn Minnie is totally overlook able.

Full name Minnie is front and center Minnie mouse. And down right cruel.

Kids deserve full names.
  • Full names for sure but I like Winifred or Winona nn Winnie. If there's a second baby girl in our future, her name is going to be Oswin (which I know this board hates, don't worry guys ;+) nn Winnie.