Trying to Get Pregnant

Question

Have you ever needed to clean your kitchen cabinets, and realize the one that is overflowing the most is the liquor cabinet?

Asking for a friend.
BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
TTC Dec '13
BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
BFP 3/6/2016

Re: Question

• Sadly, my liquor cabinet is the one that is nearly always heartbreakingly empty....
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • benicode said:
    Have you ever needed to clean your kitchen cabinets, and realize the one that is overflowing the most is the liquor cabinet? Asking for a friend.
    This is a problem?  
  • Loading the player...
  • benicode said:

Have you ever needed to clean your kitchen cabinets, and realize the one that is overflowing the most is the liquor cabinet?

Asking for a friend.

Yes. So?
  • KristieAKristieA member
    edited August 2015
    Edited ignore this one- mobile bump sucks
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• crdocrdo member
    Yep, it's called it my, er, my *friend's* "survival kit".

@KristieA, I'm seeing some delicious scotch in that cabinet there! DH and I went to Scotland earlier this summer and came back with some treasure from the Lagavulin distillery. Beautiful country.
  • crdo said:
    Yep, it's called it my, er, my *friend's* "survival kit". @KristieA, I'm seeing some delicious scotch in that cabinet there! DH and I went to Scotland earlier this summer and came back with some treasure from the Lagavulin distillery. Beautiful country.
    We live in Glasgow and my husband is from Edinburgh so I am lucky that's not the only thing we have :) I am glad you enjoyed it here- it's a pretty amazing place!
    imageimageimage

• gorgeousarielgorgeousariel member
    edited August 2015
    @KristieA I lived in Aberdeen as a child. Would love to go back and show H.  

My Friend has a separate wine fridge. Is that ok?

edit: needs gif

• KristieA said:
    My liquor cabinet is so sparse, but luckily he has friends, Mr Wine Rack and Mrs Refrigerator. Is it bad I have so many places to store booze?! Asking for a friend too
  • True story when we viewed our flat one of the major selling features of the kitchen was the wine rack. Of course the previous owners had little girls so when we saw it, it was a Barbie and other small toys rack.
    imageimageimage

• meg032085 said:
    It's more alarming when moving and you end up caring more about the 8 cases of wine and 3 case of liquor than you do about the fine china... 

It's hard to get through all that wine when one of your close friends owns a $20 and under wine shop that has some awesome wines. 

I swear this is what my basement currently looks like
    OOOOOHHHHHHHH Cupcake wine! We can only get two types of that wine over here in the UK and they are super expensive but my favourite!
    imageimageimage

• crdocrdo member
    edited August 2015
    KristieA said:

crdo said:

@KristieA, I'm seeing some delicious scotch in that cabinet there! DH and I went to Scotland earlier this summer and came back with some treasure from the Lagavulin distillery. Beautiful country.

We live in Glasgow and my husband is from Edinburgh so I am lucky that's not the only thing we have :) I am glad you enjoyed it here- it's a pretty amazing place!

------QBF edit-----

Yes, we visited Glasgow, Islay, and Edinburgh and loved every place! Incredible. The only negative was that it was terrifying driving on the "other" side of the road for us, haha. (Especially fun in rush hour in Edinburgh, lol) But hey, just added to the adventure!

Man, the Scots know what is up when it comes to liquor. Yes, I'm sure you guys have tasted some pretty amazing scotch being right there! DH and I were bummed we had a limit for US customs, and only so much space in our bags :( So many incredible things we can't find in the US!

• crdo said:
    crdo said:
    Yep, it's called it my, er, my *friend's* "survival kit". @KristieA, I'm seeing some delicious scotch in that cabinet there! DH and I went to Scotland earlier this summer and came back with some treasure from the Lagavulin distillery. Beautiful country.
    Yes, we visited Glasgow, Islay, and Edinburgh and loved every place! Incredible. The only negative was that it was terrifying driving on the "other" side of the road for us, haha. (Especially fun in rush hour in Edinburgh, lol) But hey, just added to the adventure! Man, the Scots know what is up when it comes to liquor. Yes, I'm sure you guys have tasted some pretty amazing scotch being right there! DH and I were bummed we had a limit for US customs, and only so much space in our bags :( So many incredible things we can't find in the US!
    I would never drive in Edinburgh. They are all cray cray there. I am currently practicing for the UK driving test (as the US license is not recognised after living in the UK more than a year) and driving on the wrong side is definitely hard. I still have to be reminded sometimes of which side of the road I should be on (opps!).

We are going upto Aberdeenshire this weekend and I am hoping we can hit a distillery or two to round out that empty whisky cabinet we have :)
    imageimageimage

• meg032085 said:
    It's more alarming when moving and you end up caring more about the 8 cases of wine and 3 case of liquor than you do about the fine china... 

It's hard to get through all that wine when one of your close friends owns a $20 and under wine shop that has some awesome wines. 

This looks like heaven to me.

Also I don't have a liquor cabinet but I have 4 wine racks 3 hanging and 1 in the fridge. DH has a beer refrigerator that is never empty in the garage. We really only buy liquor for parties. I keep all my wine racks well stocked, got to be prepared for emergencies! 
  • Can't say that it's been overflowing. lol. We go through everything pretty quickly. 

• KristieA said:

meg032085 said:

OOOOOHHHHHHHH Cupcake wine! We can only get two types of that wine over here in the UK and they are super expensive but my favourite!
    I'm a big fan of Cupcake wine too!! The prices have gone up here too in the US... But there are some awesome bargain wines in the UK too since you're so close to France, Spain, and Italy. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• crdocrdo member
    KristieA said:

crdo said:

KristieA said:

crdo said:

Yes, we visited Glasgow, Islay, and Edinburgh and loved every place! Incredible. The only negative was that it was terrifying driving on the "other" side of the road for us, haha. (Especially fun in rush hour in Edinburgh, lol) But hey, just added to the adventure!

Man, the Scots know what is up when it comes to liquor. Yes, I'm sure you guys have tasted some pretty amazing scotch being right there! DH and I were bummed we had a limit for US customs, and only so much space in our bags :( So many incredible things we can't find in the US!

I would never drive in Edinburgh. They are all cray cray there. I am currently practicing for the UK driving test (as the US license is not recognised after living in the UK more than a year) and driving on the wrong side is definitely hard. I still have to be reminded sometimes of which side of the road I should be on (opps!).

We are going upto Aberdeenshire this weekend and I am hoping we can hit a distillery or two to round out that empty whisky cabinet we have :)

---------

OMG so cray cray! We tried to schedule our travel so that we would not be driving at heavy traffic times, but couldn't quite make that work for Edinburgh. We only drove in that city to get to our hotel in Cowgate from Glasgow. Holy hell. So much sweating. Also, the rental agency at the Edinburgh airport gave us an SUV because it had a built-in GPS. Nononono. We learned to just say no to SUVs, if were lucky enought to go back. The streets ain't wide enough for that nonsense!

Best of luck with your UK license! I can see how it would take a while to re-train yourself to be comfortable on the opposite side of the road! And enjoy your trip to Aberdeenshire! Sounds like a great weekend.
  • KristieAKristieA member
    edited August 2015
    Yes, this place is too small for SUVs! Thanks. I have passed both the theory test and the hazard perception bits so now its just learning how to drive a manual car and taking my practical exam. They even ask you how you would check things/fix things on your car, which I think is soooo weird.

Edited to add, where you staying at the Apex hotel? I can't think of any others on the Cowgate, unless it is towards the far end?

Also edited because I can't type.
    imageimageimage

• crdocrdo member
    KristieA said:

Yes, this place is too small for SUVs! Thanks. I have passed both the theory test and the hazard perception bits so now its just learning how to drive a manual car and taking my practical exam. They even ask you how you would check things/fix things on your car, which I think is soooo weird.

Edited to add, where you staying at the Apex hotel? I can't think of any others on the Cowgate, unless it is towards the far end?

Wow, that's quite an exam. You know, a lot of folks in the US could benefit from a tougher licensing exam!

We stayed at the Stay Central adjacent the Three Sister's Bar. We had to park a few blocks away to the East (?) in a deck in the St. John's Hill area near where Cowgate becomes Holyrood Rd.
  • Whiskey/Scotch and wine do not last in our house. :)
    We bought a cabinet and it is pretty full - but of all the stuff people have given us as gifts. 

• crdo said:

KristieA said:

Wow, that's quite an exam. You know, a lot of folks in the US could benefit from a tougher licensing exam!

We stayed at the Stay Central adjacent the Three Sister's Bar. We had to park a few blocks away to the East (?) in a deck in the St. John's Hill area near where Cowgate becomes Holyrood Rd.
    -----

Yes the exam here is crazy. You have to memorise basic first aid and CPR and you get tested on your attitude as well as your knowledge. Then you have to do these computer simulations where you have to spot a hazard before it develops and if you click too much they give you a zero.

I know that area very well- the university gym is close to there. I lived off of the Mound by New College and then out to the East of the city centre and in the West end. I love Edinburgh so much but it's nice here in Glasgow as well. We are over by the University so we have a beautiful old flat and a great neighbourhood to raise kids in.
    imageimageimage

• crdocrdo member
    edited August 2015
    (Edit because I got trapped in the quote box)

@KristieA:

Holy smokes! Getting a license in the UK is no joke. Best of luck with the rest of it!

Sounds like you lived in some beautiful areas in Edinburgh! It's hands down one of my very favorite cities. I love the architecture, the history, and the feel of the city.

This trip was the first time I'd been to Glasgow, and I loved it, too. Immediately you can tell it's got a slightly different culture and feel from Edinburgh. We stayed at the Grand Central Hotel in the central train station, so we wandered that area a good bit. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to wander much around the University neighborhood, but we drove through on our way out sightseeing one day--looks like a lovely place to live! Gorgeous buildings.

I know it's a little silly for me to recommend something for you in your own city, but we really enjoyed a restaurant in your neck of the woods called Ox and Finch, if you don't know it already. It's on Sauchiehall Street, and they serve tapas with a Scottish flair! And I seem to remember they had a good wine selection, too :)
  • Ohhhhhh we will have to try it! We have only been in Glasgow a year and most of that time I was working all the hours (before my twatwaffle of a boss made me redundant because he didn't think I did anything) so we are just getting to know the place. We like Glasgow but Edinburgh was the city we met in and fell in love in so there really is no comparision :)
    imageimageimage

• crdocrdo member
    KristieA said:

Ohhhhhh we will have to try it! We have only been in Glasgow a year and most of that time I was working all the hours (before my twatwaffle of a boss made me redundant because he didn't think I did anything) so we are just getting to know the place. We like Glasgow but Edinburgh was the city we met in and fell in love in so there really is no comparision :)

Yay for exploring! Hope y'all enjoy the restaurant! Edinburgh would be a beautiful place to fall in love :)

I don't know about all y'all, but I'm busting into my liquor tonight because it's FRIDAY.

• meg032085 said:

It's more alarming when moving and you end up
    caring more about the 8 cases of wine and 3 case of liquor than you do
    about the fine china... 

It's hard to get through all
    that wine when one of your close friends owns a $20 and under wine shop
    that has some awesome wines. 

This looks like heaven to me.

Also I don't have a
    liquor cabinet but I have 4 wine racks 3 hanging and 1 in the fridge. DH
    has a beer refrigerator that is never empty in the garage. We really
    only buy liquor for parties. I keep all my wine racks well stocked, got
    to be prepared for emergencies! 

Do we share a home?? Lol this sounds exactly like my house!!