Infertility
Options

Not sure if this is the right board: question about egg donation **Trigger Warning: kids mentioned**

Hello all.  Please feel free to direct me to another board if this is not the appropriate place to post this question.  I've searched other boards and this one seemed like the best fit.

After having DD2 in March, DH and I decided on having a tubal ligation, as we knew we didn't want anymore children.  However, knowing that there are many couples out there that are having difficulty getting pregnant and struggling with IF, I've begun some research into egg donation.  The one roadblock  that I keep coming across is the age factor, as it seems most agencies do not want women over the age of 32.  

I just turned 35 so upon first look, it seems as if I don't qualify.  I know that 35 is considered AMA but would an agency not consider someone who has had uncomplicated, healthy pregnancies in the recent past?  

I just feel like since I'm not having anymore babies, why wouldn't I want to help couples in need when I have no need for the eggs anymore?  Does anyone have any experience or advice on this?

TIA.

Re: Not sure if this is the right board: question about egg donation **Trigger Warning: kids mentioned**

• Options
    oh. just say this!

i can tell you that we looked into this from both ends, and it is exactly as hard as you are saying. it seems most couples would rather get rid of their extra embryos than donate them (though donation does happen). I'm guessing you already encountered and ruled out these three angencies, though all do open embryo adoption.

Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    Thank you for these links, I haven't checked them out yet!  I did get a rejection letter yesterday but it didn't state why I was rejected.  I'm assuming it's related to my age but I'm not going to give up just yet.

I'll look into these links, thank you!