October 2015 Moms

Lost mucus plug at 32 weeks doctor said its a waiting game now

tulegrl14tulegrl14 member
edited August 2015 in October 2015 Moms
So I lost my mucus plug yesterday. Luckily I had a doctors appointment already scheduled. She did a internal exam and said my cervix is closed, but his head is right on my cervix and is in the birthing position. She said that's why I'm feeling more pressure. She said he can come early but can also come on time. She said any time after 35 weeks it is perfectly fine for him to come. So I guess I'm on baby watch :!!

Re: Lost mucus plug at 32 weeks doctor said its a waiting game now

• Good luck !!praying all goes good with you and your baby!!!

I have a question how did the mucus plug look ? I'm just curious if it's weird to answer it's okay you don't have too.
  • tulegrl14tulegrl14 member
    edited August 2015
    @babybumb1229 thanks for the prayers. He's healthy so I don't have any worries if he come early. The mucus plug came out in two big chunks. Mine was yellow clearish and is super thick. I know this is gross but like when you have a cold and you blow your nose after sleeping and you get thick mucus lol that's how it looked. The second chunk had a tinge of blood to it. You will definitely know when you pass it cause is way different than discharge is like flubber is coming out. :))
  • Loading the player...
  • My best friend lost her whole plug at once and said it looked like a raw chicken breast. Bleeeccchhhh.
  • I am 33 weeks tomorrow and mine has started to come out in small pieces about Quarter size. Mostly clear and no blood yet. My midwife told me that it's totally normal and even just a small change in the cervix like effacement or minimal dilation can result in your mucus plug coming out. We are in the home stretch! Just a few more weeks and our little babies will be here!
  • @coley721 I'm 33 weeks tomorrow too we must have the same due date. Oct 17?
  • FYI your mucus plug can regenerate and fall out and regenerate throughout your pregnancy, losing your mucus plug has no indication when labor will start !

So true. I lost my MP a month before I had DD.

edited August 2015

FYI your mucus plug can regenerate and fall out and regenerate throughout your pregnancy, losing your mucus plug has no indication when labor will start !

So true. I lost my MP a month before I had DD.

I know that mucus plugs regenerate. I am going off more of what my doctor said of him already being engaged and putting pressure on my cervix.
  • My baby has been low all along and sitting on my cervix. I'm 34 weeks. Doc said nothing about it meaning anything other than that's where she's hanging out and that my pelvic pain will get worse. Some babies are low.
  • Do you actually notice passing it? I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if I'm supposed to be searching for it every time I pee now!
    edited August 2015
    @basden
    basdenjn6 said:

Do you actually notice passing it? I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if I'm supposed to be searching for it every time I pee now!

It was when I went to the bathroom and wiped. It was slimy and thick. When you wipe it feels like a lot of discharge. I've still been passing pieces of it for the last few days. Some is clear some comes blood tinged.
  • I've had one child and can tell you that when you lose your mucus plug, you will know. I lost mine the day before I went into labor and it was a lot of mucus every time I went to the bathroom. Looks like a slimy yellow/white large boogerthat just kept coming out every time I went to the bathroom. Definitely a lot came out. Not some little thing you see In pics on the Internet;)
  • So I'm not a doctor and can only go off of what I've been told. That being said, if your baby has "dropped" then it's very likely you will deliver early. I was told with my first typically it's 4weeks after they drop that you deliver. My daughter was born at 38wks exactly 4wks from when she dropped. :)
  • I've lost mine and am 3cm dilated at 32weeks and a few days. I've had this problem with all 3 of my other pregnancies and they've always been born 36-37 weeks. Good luck!
  • So I'm not a doctor and can only go off of what I've been told. That being said, if your baby has "dropped" then it's very likely you will deliver early. I was told with my first typically it's 4weeks after they drop that you deliver. My daughter was born at 38wks exactly 4wks from when she dropped. :)

*silly question* how do you know when baby has dropped? Is it obvious?

No. My baby boy has been head down and extremely low in my pelvis since I was 30 weeks. With my first I dropped around 33 weeks and he was born 39.5 weeks. When the baby drops or moves into your pelvis has no indication when labor will start. Just like losing your mucus plug doesn't either. I've also been 1 cm dialted for the majority of this pregnancy and doctor also said definitely normal !
  • basdenjn6 said:

Do you actually notice passing it? I was thinking about this the other day and wondering if I'm supposed to be searching for it every time I pee now!

Some do some don't. I noticed mine cause it was a big jelly ball with blood in it, 6 hours before my water broke. Mine came out in one big blob, my mother said she's never seen anything like It and she's had 3 kids.
  • You notice your plug if your pass it early on. I know in the hospital if you're in bed, Yuli they clean you periodically and it's a big part of what comes out. Your actual mucous plug won't be missed if it comes out at home or if you're up moving. These little clumps of discharge are nothing compared toit. Its up to two cups of discharge. Very noticible.

And like @amberrmariee20 said, none of anything means labor or it all means labor. Dropping, dilating, effaced, discharge. ..it all increases or happens but until you are having contractions that are getting longer, stronger, and closer together the rest is just pregame. And most of us will know when it's labor. Some quicker than others , some will have an easier time than others, but for those of us who go spontaneously it's noticible. They don't call it labor just because.