Infertility
Options

Male taking clomid...

Any males out there taking clomid? Anyone with a husband taking clomid? My hubs has low motility, 0% morphology and low testosterone. He started clomid recently. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and how it went. Thanks!

Re: Male taking clomid...

• Options
    I haven't but I read about it in TCOYF as a way to treat FSH and LH deficiencies causing MFI. Works very close to the same as it does in balancing the hormones for us and can be successful in improving MFI caused by underlying hormonal issues. My DH meets with the urologist on Monday due to low morph. Idk what solutions, if any, they'll suggest for him. GL!
  • Options
    My husband started taking Clomid for low testosterone due to a varicocele.  The four sperm analyses he had before taking Clomid were all very low (like 12-20 million total), with very low motility % (5-20%) and morphology % (1-2%).  We were told with our numbers we had a 0% chance of conceiving naturally or with IUI.  That said, they told us we could wait a few months (sperm production takes 3 months, so generally you won't see any changes until over 90 days after beginning Clomid), see if Clomid did anything, and maybe we'd be bumped into IUI category. Due to my crazy work schedule, we decided to go ahead and do IVF in August while things were a little bit quieter.  When they tested the sperm sample we used for IVF, his sperm count was 100 million, his motility was 30%, and we were well above IUI cutoffs, possibly in the natural range (that said that was with abstinence of 6 days).  He also really improved lifestyle things (eating more healthily, losing excess weight, exercising 5x/week) so it's very difficult to know what the route cause of the improvement was. I think its a combination of factors, and while I know the Clomid technically shouldn't have worked so quickly (he was only on it for about 3-4 weeks before the IVF sample), I find it hard to believe the extra testosterone didn't help in some way- the numbers were just so different!!  He's had no side effects from it, and we're really hopeful that next time we can do IUI instead of IVF!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband also did and had 0 sperm and it did raise his testosterone but not his sperm. We tried it for 3 months and wound up choosing a donor. But I do know some who have a good outcome