Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Will I start to feel closure after I take the cytotec?

Hi all- I posted yesterday after finding out about a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks (found out on Tuesday).  It was a empty sac measuring 7.5 weeks so maybe it was a blighted ovum, the Dr didn't give me a straight answer.  Anyway I havent had any bleeding or cramping yet. I am going to take the cytotec tomorrow b/c I don't want to bleed heavily at work and can't take any time off.  For the past 2 days I've slowly started to feel a little better, been able to sleep, regain an appetite, and focus on things.  But I still feel overwhelmingly sad, disappointed, and anxious to move on and get pregnant again. I still have bouts where I start crying out of nowhere. I just can't wait to feel more normal and move on. 

Do you think that once I take the cytotec and hopefully pass the products, it will be a big step in my healing? I am hoping for some more closure and peace once its over, I am just wondering what to expect. I am wondering if knowing the sac is still in there and nothing is happening is adding to my grief and anxiety over the situation. 

Big hugs to all of you for all you are going through.  Thank you for the kind words and support. 

Re: Will I start to feel closure after I take the cytotec?

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had a blighted ovum and a baby hat stopped growing at 6w1d and while both were devastationI honestly feel like the blighted ovum was a bigger blow for me.

For both of my losses getting over the physical hurdle was a huge step towards healing. I couldn't start to fully process everything until it was "over".

TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I'm sorry for your loss. I took cytotec because I wanted to speed up the process from a missed m/c. I took two doses 2 weeks ago and it did not work. I took another dose last saturday and am hoping it is complete but will not find out for sure until next tuesday with another ultrasound. I have been bleeding for 3 weeks. I am starting to feel emotionally better, but I think I need the closure of knowing for sure the m/c is complete and for the bleeding to stop. Hugs to you...
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss... My first loss I had a natural mc and bled for days, I also took cyotec but I had already started bleeding (I was 5w 4d) my second loss was this month at 12 w, went in for my checkup and there was no hb. I did have a choice of waiting to see what would happen and take medication or get a d & c which is what I chose to do.

Regardless of what choice you make it is painful, for me in both cases I couldn't wait for it to be over with so I could start healing both physically and emotionally. I had my d & c the day after they gave me the bad news, and even in those 24 hours just thinking that I had my lifeless baby inside of me was unbearable.... :( I miss my angel babies so much.
    Wish you the best and hope you feel better soon!

Me: 38 DH: 42.
    Married: 9/2008.
    4/2010 - BFP (Natural)
    12/2010 - DS born.
    8/2014-TTC#2 
    10/2014 BFP
    10/2014 Confirmed MC at 5 weeks
    5/2015 BFP
    8/2015 MMC & D&C at 13 weeks  :'(
    11/2015 BFP then CP at 6 weeks.
    3/2016 Started IVF+PGS
    4/2016 ER, only 5 eggs but 3 Frozen embryos made it to freeze. Only 1 PGS normal embryo.
    DOR
    Hypothyroidism
    MTHFR
    DH Sperm with Chromosomal Issues (high % FISH)
    AMH .65
    8/2016 FET #1 BFN
    9/2016 IVF-ER #2  1 normal embryo.
    11/2016 IVF-ER #3  0 Embryos
    2/2017 FET #2 BFP CP at 6 weeks.
    5/2017  BFP Natural. 3 Betas were ok. First US 5-31-2017. Hope it sticks and is healthy!!

• I opted to take the Cytotec to move things along and because it was a Friday when my MC was confirmed.  I wanted to be home and comfortable.  I ended up taking 2 doses over the weekend and nothing happened.  I went to work on Monday morning.  I didn't feel great and I probably should have stayed home.  I ended up having horrible cramps and passed the tissue at work.  
  • I think passing everything will help me at least move on to the next stage of grieving. I have been bleeding for 3 weeks now - and I'm now 4.5 weeks from when baby stopped growing - and I took cytotec a week ago but just passed the sac at work last night, so even though it caused cramping I'm not sure the cytotec worked for me, I may have passed it naturally at this stage anyway. So to answer your question, I think the physical passing of everything is a really important step, though I have a weird feeling now that's both sad and empty and also relieved. I don't know if it will actually happen for you this weekend - the cytotec experiences are so varied. Whatever happens take care of yourself, we're here to support you.
  • I'm a few weeks past a cytotec induced m/c (found out at 8 weeks baby stopped growing at 6) and once I passed everything I did feel a bit better. It was really difficult for me knowing I was carrying a baby that was no longer alive, so passing everything definitely helped.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't make everything better though. I'm almost a month out from finding out there was no longer a heartbeat and there are still days where I just can't stop crying.

But yes, it did help my grieving process to pass everything.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Hello, first of all, I'm thinking of all you, especially those who have taken or will choose to take Cytotec. I went in for my 7 week ultrasound 2 weeks ago, the baby didn't have a heartbeat. A week ago, I found out the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, still didn't have a heartbeat and the gestational sac even shrunk. This past Thursday I took Cytotec and I started to feel closure, but I'm not quite there yet. Only because I won't find out for another 2 weeks if everything passed through. This is my 2nd miscarriage this year but my first one was spontaneous at around 5 weeks. It hurts that I had to have one with all the physical pain as well as the bleeding but then to have a second one without warning, let alone having to take a medication to expel the baby. My heart goes out to all of you. In case you're interested, I started a blog to share my experiences. I know for me, writing/typing/sharing helps. xoxo

www.jayjayrn.tumblr.com
  • This is my 3rd mc, found out Thursday. I stopped taking my progesterone on Thursday. I have not yet started bleeding and haven't had any cramps. My Dr told me, of I don't pass it in a week, I can take cytotec. My first mc I passed naturally and was 5 years ago. My 2nd was last Christmas and I had a D and C. I am unsure weather or not to take the cytotec, would you recommend it or not?
  • I had a d&c a little over a week ago. I didn't feel better about it right away. I had a blighted ovum, so I had a no-baby pregnancy while my body was still making pregnancy hormones. For me, it was more about those hormones subsiding (so not just the material being gone) to make me feel more normal. I feel a lot better about it now that I don't physically feel pregnant anymore. I'm not going to lie to you, though - for me I won't have true closure or peace about this until I have a healthy pregnancy/baby, i.e. achieve my original goal.