May 2015 Moms
Options

Sleep Regression

In a previous post about this several of you ladies said that your LO's regressions lasted about a week. Well we're going on week two and I start back to work tomorrow and just want to cry with how exhausted I already am. Anyone else's LO just stop sleeping through the night? She's 14 weeks, so I thought maybe growth spurt or the regression. She also had lip and tongue ties released two weeks ago, but I can't see how that would still be affecting her sleep. Any ideas as to what could be going on and what to do to fix it? I'll also mention that I don't think she fully wakes up, but still cries, and 99% of the time doesn't even eat when she gets up. A couple nights it was every hour. I need to sleep! :(

Re: Sleep Regression

• Options
    I'm in the exact same boat as you, our son was sleeping throughout the night without issue and the last few days he's been up almost every 1-2 hours through the night. We have always started out with routines (waking at 7 am, feed, play, nap - repeat. Start settling him down with a calm environment in the evening until 9 pm. Ensuring he's "milk drunk" and sound asleep.) however, the last few days have been brutal. If anyone can throw out suggestions on how they've managed to combat this sleep regression, it would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    My son would sleep ALL night 9pm until 8am. Then the past 4 night he wakes up every 30mins screaming. Nothing soothes him. He isn't hungry because he has a feeding tube and gets 1oz and hour continuously . I check his diaper. But nothing works. Lastnight he was screaming every 30 mins and then from 2:30 until 6am he was up screaming and didn't go to sleep until 6am. What can I do. Haven't changed his routine. He is 15 weeks old
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can sleep regression happen this early? My lo is 15 weeks but it had started a long time ago, about 3 weeks ago, she used to sleep for about 7-10 hrs straight! Now we're back to 3-5, mostly 4 which is not too bad if she goes right back to sleep but sometimes she doesn't

If she goes back to sleep i prefer this to her sleeping all night, when she wakes up she usually sleeps in longer in the day which is great for when i go back to work which is next Tuesday <\3
  • Options
    Ours lasted for 2 weeks. It was brutal, we went from 12 straight hours of sleep to waking every 2 hours. We are finally out of it but we didn't go back to 12 straight hours but I can't complain. Bedtime is between 830-9, she wakes up sometime between 330-530 I feed her and put her in bed with me and we sleep until 8 or 9 am... I tried everything from trying to tire her out during the day, bed sharing like we did in the beginning ... The only thing that worked was patience and time
  • Options
    mars8k said:

Can sleep regression happen this early? My lo is 15 weeks but it had started a long time ago, about 3 weeks ago, she used to sleep for about 7-10 hrs straight! Now we're back to 3-5, mostly 4 which is not too bad if she goes right back to sleep but sometimes she doesn't

If she goes back to sleep i prefer this to her sleeping all night, when she wakes up she usually sleeps in longer in the day which is great for when i go back to work which is next Tuesday <\3</p>

I've heard the sleep regression is anywhere from 3.5-5 months old. And it can be based on due date not necessarily birth date. So if your LO was late it could definitely be occurring now!
  • Options
    Mine started a week ago - 12 hours to waking every 2-3. She doesn't cry when she wakes up... She just wakes up and starts talking and making noise, so "soothing" doesn't really have a play. Only thing I've found to get her back down is a quick feed then pacifier. Don't want that do become a habit, but I also don't have any other ideas.