August 2015 Moms

Thinking it's finally my time!! UPDATE

ann_jeremiahann_jeremiah member
edited August 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Started having contractions this morning around 4am. Got up at 6:45 and felt a gush come out of me... I think it was discharge and MP. More similar discharge literally all day. Contractions were 5 min apart while moving, but if I stopped to sit on the chair, yoga ball, or lay down, they would slow down to about 10 min apart. Carried on with my day as best as I could, getting things ready... as I am also 40w4d. 

5:30pm, I took DS1 to soccer practice, came home an hour later and literally had to stop the vehicle in the driveway as I was having a terrible contraction. When it was over, I parked in the garage. It is now 9pm and ever since then I've been having contractions 4 min apart. We ate, bathed the kids, got them into bed and now DH is showering, while we wait for MIL to get here in about 20 minutes to take over kid duties. 

I totally thought this time around I was gonna make it without an epidural, but I seriously feel like I'm dying already!

I'm so excited for my boys (2 and 4) to meet their baby sister! 
UPDATE: Got to the hospital around 10... Walked the halls, used the yoga ball. Gave into a pain med in a shot form around to, so I could rest; it didn't work. Got an epidural placed about 3:30. Cervix was complete at 6 - my water broke while I was being checked. Waited for baby to drop down.. Unintentionally laid off the epidural as I wanted to be able to at least feel when I needed to push. Began pushing about 8, she was born at 8:39. 40w5d 7lb 12oz, 20 inches. She's so mellow!!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

Re: Thinking it's finally my time!! UPDATE