2nd Trimester
Options

Gender Reveal Ideas?

We will be finding out the gender of our baby next Thursday. We are so excited to finally be able to know! What is a fun/inexpensive way to reveal the gender to my husbands children and the grandma's that weekend? I think I like the idea of gender cupcakes or a mini cake for the children and a small gender box for the grandma's. . .still undecided though. What current ideas do you all have?

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~

Re: Gender Reveal Ideas?

• Options
    I have seen: balloons out of the box, popping a balloon that is full of confetti, silly string for the baby's gender (good for the kids :)) paint fight. Pinata or a pull string pinata too. I have also seen this thing on Etsy they have fizz, where you put the item in the a clear bowl of water and in 30 seconds it fizzes out to the color of the sex. Etsy has great ideas if you don't want to DIY. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    All of these sound awesome! Ive never heard of the fizz I think I may possibily try that one, it seems less messy. Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We r thinking of putting colored powder in some tannerite and shooting it and when it explodes either pink or blue will fill the air...
  • Options
    Pinterest has a ton of gender reveal party ideas. Good luck and hope you have a great party :)
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!

• Options
    We did the cake thing last time because we found out the gender on my 30th birthday! It was really fun, DH threw me a surprise birthday party and one of my friends baked two cakes and told me to pick the one that matched so I could reveal to everyone. It was really sweet. Now my older DS is obsessed with doing it for this kid, so this time we will probably do it just for the kids. I've seen the balloons before too, it is cute, but seemed like too much work for me :)
  • Options
    We find out the sex of our baby on the 17th and I'm beyond excited. We're having my friend bake us cupcakes with either blue or pink in the middle, and having dinner with my parents, DH's parents, siblings and grandparents. Before we eat, DH and I will cut into one of the cupcakes together to "reveal" the sex. I like food (especially baked goods), so this idea sounded the best to me. The fizz could be fun too!
  • Options
    We had the ultrasound tech put the gender in an envelope and then we gave it to my brother in law. He went to the party store and bought 30 cans of silly string of the gender color. We invited friends and family over and they sprayed me and my husband. So as our family found out the gender....me and my husband did too! It was awesome to share it all together at the same exact time!!!!
  • Options
    Before they sprayed us :)
  • Options
    That's a really cute and unique idea @johnnamarie11. I would be scared to give my own family free range with a can of silly string at me, but it looks like a fun idea!