Babies on the Brain

Sad

i was so excited to get my iud out and I did but now I have mixed feelings. We don't want a huge gap in age between #1 and #2 and we want a baby but we never quite seem to be there financially and after talking to the obgyn... It's such a paradigm shift to be back in the "trying" frame of mind again with the charting, temping, o-tests, p-tests, meds to force a period, possibly for ovulation, etc. I feel really out of sorts and disappointed, sad, anxious... Blahhh. Just wanted to send that out in search of mama support. Thanks.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sad

• I can only imagine how you feel. It definitely does take a certain mindset when you already know what is ahead. Just think about the outcome, friend. I'm on the other end and making sure my marriage stays in check after having a baby. Big hugs! You got this!
  • Thanks, @HookEmNelson ever so supportive :-) I'm stuck in the land of confusion and mixed feelings :-bd

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • You are too sweet!
    I can totally see where you are coming from. How is your SO with all of this?
  • He wants another baby but I think he's confused and out of sorts also.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• I kind of feel this way right now too. IUD removal is sept 1. I am scared and excited. i guess knowing everything i am about to put myself through again is nerve racking, along with never really know how much everything will cost.
    but itll all be worth it in the end, just keep reminding yourself of that :D
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • I can totally understand. After having #1 I was so scared to try again... I didn't know if we would be able to handle the extra work and extra costs. Then I accidentally got pregnant only 6 months after giving birth. I was extremely nervous about it all, but in the end everything worked out. Now here we are almost 2 years later. We have 2 beautiful little girls and I wouldn't change a thing. I can't imagine life without #2. She made me a better Mommy and person. It is normal to second-guess yourself and to be nervous about such a major life decision. (I'm feeling that way about starting TTC #3) You've got this though. :)

• Just now getting a chance to reply back. I love that you know how your husband is feeling. I'm a broken record with the talks of communication, but it can honestly help in so many situations. Everything that goes with TTC will be completely worth it. Another little being to love! How amazing is that? Love, food, clothes, and shelter go a long way when just needing the basics in a household. You got this, friend!
  • Just wanted to send warm hugs your way! TTC is a huge commitment. My SIL just had her 2nd baby and I know she was way more nervous the second time around just knowing realistically the demands of a baby. I think it's completely normal to be feeling the way that you do. 
  • Thank you ladies! TB is much more supportive than it used to be last time around! I know this is an Internet forum, but your kind words really help. I agree that communication is key. DH and I are both feeling much better and at peace with TTC.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• MrsRo731MrsRo731 member
    edited August 2015
    I kind of feel this way right now too. IUD removal is sept 1. I am scared and excited. i guess knowing everything i am about to put myself through again is nerve racking, along with never really know how much everything will cost.
    but itll all be worth it in the end, just keep reminding yourself of that :D
    This! Plus, thinking of all the rough times ahead while also having a 2 year old to take care of! That is what terrifies me the most. OP - I completely understand where you're coming from. Hang in there and if you need to talk feel free to PM me. Hugs to you!
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • I've only started this journey, so I can't begin to relate. I'm also so new to these boards and don't want to respond inappropriately, since I have zero experience as I'm TTC my first. But I wanted to send some good energy your way. Babies are life-changing, and it's scary. But you can do anything you've set out to do! It will be worth it... All the scary, unknowns have to be worth it.