Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk please?

Hi! SO as af yesterday, I was on CD54, and finally saw some crosshairs on FF this morning, yay :) But when I looked closer, I was confused... I thought I was looking for three temperatures higher than the previous six? I only have three temperatures higher than than the previous three. The cross-hairs are dashed, so there is conflicting info...? I've only been temping for the past 3 weeks, so maybe there is not enough data? or since my cycle is pretty wacky to begin with? helps please? I ordered TCYF, but it won't arrive until later this week. 

Thanks for any help!!!! :) 

Re: Chart Stalk please?

• Options
    Why do you have open circles for the the last 7 days? The open circles mean FF thinks your temp may not be quite right. Didyou change your temping time? Or have other changes?
  • Options
    kgbbsc7 said:
    Why do you have open circles for the the last 7 days? The open circles mean FF thinks your temp may not be quite right. Didyou change your temping time? Or have other changes?
    Ahh, thank you! I have been temping at 7:30 am, but recorded it in the glow app, and then entering the data in FF later in the day using the "temp" button, not the data button... so it was automatically pulling in the time I entered the data. I just went back and edited the times to reflect the true times, so they are closed circles now... but the crosshairs are still dashed and 3 over 3 instead of 3 over 6. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FF will give dotted crosshairs if it's not sure about O yet. Are you also checking cm? If not you should start doing so, at least for next cycle, to help determine when it's your fertile window and so FF can better pinpoint O. OPKs can be helpful too.

Also, I notice you have a lot of the same exact temp, which seems like there's something off about your thermometer. Most ladies here recommend Mabis, which you can order on amazon for less than $10.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    If your temp goes back down, FF may remove the crosshairs. I agree w PP about using a seconday sign. OPKs' CM or CP can help you know O is coming and might help FF confirm O with solid CH.
  • Options
    I agree with PP on using secondary signs, if you cannot do everything I would at least track CM. Since the CH are dotted I also think FF is just having a hard time narrowing things down. Part of it I think is not having enough data yet (including temps and CM). I would say continue to temp, track secondary signs, and see how your chart develops.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I had bought my thermometer at CVS before reading about the Mabis recommendation. I will order one of those, because I do tend to get a lot of the same temps. I bought the clear blue digital OPK, but have been having trouble getting a reading. The readout keeps blinking no matter what I do, so I am prob going to order some wandfo's when I order the thermometer as well.

Thanks for the help :)  
  • Options
    DutchLucyLuDutchLucyLu member
    edited August 2015
    kgbbsc7 said:
    Ahh, thank you! I have been temping at 7:30 am, but recorded it in the glow app, and then entering the data in FF later in the day using the "temp" button, not the data button... so it was automatically pulling in the time I entered the data. I just went back and edited the times to reflect the true times, so they are closed circles now... but the crosshairs are still dashed and 3 over 3 instead of 3 over 6. 
    Thanks for claryfing - I was about to tell you off for not temping at the same time each day. :P

ETA: Just want to say that CM is very helpful for cross checking, but you can still get dotted CHs if you check CM - FF will give you dotted if you have fertile CM after O (which happened to me last cycle). Still pretty sure FF was correct on my O day, though.