Babies on the Brain

Newb intro - long time lurker

Hi everyone! Just a little info about my family. I'm 23, DH is 25 and we have been married for a little over a year. We have the cutest pup in the world named Wilbur!

I got crazy baby fever in January after both my sister-in-laws had babies last year. I brought it up to my husband about starting TTC this August and it has been quite the growing experience with many, many baby conversations over the last 7 months. I've been very honest with my husband about my baby fever, but that he also needed to be 100% ready to TTC as well.

We agreed on this coming January, but now DH has been making comments about surprising the family during thanksgiving or Christmas. I've thrown out Halloween too and haven't gotten a "no that's too early" response. My BC pack ends this Friday and my DH is on a business trip. He comes home tomorrow and I'm considering bringing up the conversation about this being my last pack. I've brought it up the last 2 months about stopping BC but DH disagreed. I'm thinking he might be feeling differently this month.

Any thoughts on how I should bring it up? He already knows about my body needing to regulate and all that good stuff!

Well I'm excited to finally introduce myself, I have been lurking since January! There have been so many more people on the "babies on the brain" thread than ever before so I wanted to join in since so many people will be TTCing soon!

Re: Newb intro - long time lurker

• Welcome!  My husband and I are also planning on starting trying in the new year... but I'm also having trouble waiting that long!  I can totally relate to pregnant family members adding to the baby fever.  I have two cousins who are my age who are both pregnant right now, and being in my late 20s, I also have several friends who are pregnant with their first babies.

I definitely agree that its kind of awkward to randomly bring up the discussions with the husband.  Sometimes the best thing is to just come out and say it and see how he responds!  
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Welcome!

When I wanted to go off the pill I just kind of told him, no muss no fuss. He asked that I wait 1 more month at that point, and that was that. Now we're using temping and other methods to TTA until Januaryish.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive told my husband my plan regarding when id like to stop BC before and he never has much imput. I go for my yearly gyno appt in oct and id like to talk to her about going off bc in jan/tcc/anything she recommends me doing so im going to have to rebring it up soon and ask him to be a bit more decisive one way or the other just so i know. I will respect it if he asks me to wait but since he hasnt so far its letting me start thinking my plan is going to actually happen haha. Just bring it up normally and see how he feels. Youll feel better once you just do it-least thats how i think ill feel :)
  • Welcome!

DH and I plan to start TTC next month! We've been waiting quite some time for this and are excited it's finally happening!  I can totally agree with you on the baby fever thing. Both DH and I each have a cousin who's had a baby this year (both girls were born 3 weeks apart!), and beyond them...there's at least another 8-10 babies I know of who have been/will be born by the end of this year!

I know at times, it can be awkward starting up the conversation with him, but just bring it up calmly with him.  Tell him exactly how you're feeling and see what he says.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Thanks for all of the support ladies! It helps knowing I'm not the only one struggling waiting for TTC! Unfortunately I do have the fever much much more than my husband does- he supports me by talking to me about the nursery and baby names and how we want to raise our children, but when it comes to when we want to start our family he gets quite. I brought up on Friday about me stopping my BC...I think he freaked out a little that if we do that we could be pregnant by the end of the month. We finally came to an agreement that we would have more talks this week and decide if I will be going off BC - here's to hoping!
  • Hi everyone! Just wanted to give an update! I spoke with my husband on Friday about stopping the pill and at first it didn't seem to go over well. We ended the conversation with "we have until Saturday (when I would need to start a new pack) to decide"

My husband surprised me last night with a pint of my favorite ice cream an a Baby Ruth bar to say he's ready for us to make a baby!

My heart was so happy and he genuinely seemed so excited to tell me!

Just starting temping this morning so today starts my journey of TTC!

Good luck to all of us and that our stay is short