Pregnant after 35

FREE DNA TESTING TO FIND GENDER

HELLO EVERYONE, 

I AM TRYING TO FIND A PLACE WHERE THEY CAN DO A TEST TO FIND OUT THE GENDER OF MY BABY, I DONT WANT TO WAIT UNTIL 18-20 WEEKS AND WE WANT TO BE SURE! DOES ANYONE KNOW IN LOS ANGELES WHERE I CAN GO OR IF ITS DONE  AT A CERTAINS DOCTORS OFFICE?

I SEE SOME PEOPLE HAVE HADI IT DONE, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHERE

MUCH APPRECIATED 

THANK YOU 

Re: FREE DNA TESTING TO FIND GENDER

• It's not free unless your insurance covers it. Any OBGYN can order the test for you. So just call your OB and make an appt. The test is done somewhere around 10 weeks.

It is called a cell free DNA test and goes by different brand names. The purpose is to screen for trisomies and other potential birth defects. A 'side effect' of the test is that they are able to see if there is a Y chromosome which makes it a boy or lack there of telling you it's a girl.

I believe if you are over 35 most insurances cover it but I have heard stories that some did not order the gender portion of the test. Otherwise the test is $300 or more I believe.
  • Any doctor's office can order it like any other blood test.
  • Loading the player...
  • It certainly isn't free! Unless you have the most amazing insurance, of course.
  • If you have or had problems with say hypertension or diabetes its covered Im hypertensive so I got one at 10 weeks its says girl wanted a boy but healthy is our main concern best of luck
  • I had the Maternit21 done but even though it tells gender the genetic counselor said its against their policy to disclose that portion of the results. Because I had already found out via u/s she confirmed the findings but otherwise she wouldn't have.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had the Maternit21 done but even though it tells gender the genetic counselor said its against their policy to disclose that portion of the results. Because I had already found out via u/s she confirmed the findings but otherwise she wouldn't have.
    That really does depend on your office. It wasn't an issue when I had that test with my daughter.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• redfallon said:

I had the Maternit21 done but even though it tells gender the genetic counselor said its against their policy to disclose that portion of the results. Because I had already found out via u/s she confirmed the findings but otherwise she wouldn't have.

That really does depend on your office. It wasn't an issue when I had that test with my daughter.

Right, just wanted to throw that out there so that OP could check with her office on their policies.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Right, just wanted to throw that out there so that OP could check with her office on their policies.
    Of course! I've read that that happens with a lot of Canadian doctors.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Try buying Intelligender I don't know if it's 100% but I did use it with my last pregnancy and it was accurate. It's about $25 at Target and $40 at Walgreens