Pregnant after IF

***2nd tri check-in 8/24/15***

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this epically long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

QOTW: What childhood movies that you loved when you were younger, are you just itching to share with your little one(s)?

@MrsBwIvf- EDD 12/21/15 with two beans- one girl and one boy!
@andimegie325- EDD 1/10/16 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@somewhereinafrica- EDD 1/8/16 With a little boy!
@MarnieF- EDD1/12/16 with one little lady!
@Emcarl24- EDD 1/21 with one bean- waiting on anatomy scan to hopefully find out the sex
@kelley421- EDD 1/26/16 with two little ladies and one little boy!
@knottie4978096- EDD 2/2/16 with one little boy! Congrats momma!!!
@potatocastillo- EDD 2/5 with one bean- waiting on elective scan to find out the sex
@shelly333- EDD? with one bean- waiting til birth to find out the sex- team Green!

Re: ***2nd tri check-in 8/24/15***

• No medical updates this week- we are just enjoying feeling the little ones moving around. We have a potential name for each that I'm not 100% sold on yet DH keeps referred to each by name to me. It makes me a little nervous he will get attached to a name and I will end up not liking it.
    This week, we will get our cribs in the mail and I'm VERY excited to put them together and paint the nursery!!! And yes, I will put them together. DH is terrible at putting things together with directions. He just gets too ahead of himself and then I come home to a bookshelf with a backside that's on backwards. Perhaps I'll take it easy and just direct him on what to do this time around. 

QOTW: I loved and still love watching cartoons, especially Winnie the Pooh, but the movie I'm most excited to share with them is The Princess Bride. My grandparents got it for me when I was really little and I loved it! Later after my grandfather passed on, my parents told me that it was one of his favorite movies and he loved the fact that I fell in love with it. I don't know a lot of people that know it but if you haven't seen it, watch it! It's really funny, sweet, romantic- even DH loves it now that I got him to sit down and watch it. 
  • I saw the regular OB this morning, had a short US to check the heart tones and the tech double-checked our genders. Still GGB, which is great as I have been buying matching girl clothes :)  I am measuring 7 months, and I hit 4 months on Wednesday  b-(

Lots of pelvic pain and lower back pain, worse after this weekend. We registered at one store and then tested out things at Babies R Us, picked out paint colors and DH started painting the nursery. I did a bit too much and I am paying for it now! I was planning to use free cribs given to us, but they all need to be painted and fixed up. I am getting a bit tired of waiting for others to help, because I am just not able to do much- so I ordered 3 new cribs this weekend. (I am excited for matching cribs, it will look nicer and they were on sale too!)

QOTW: Disney movies! DD has so far enjoyed Gremlins, Matilda, Goonies, James and the Giant Peach and we recently watching Honey I Shrunk the Kids. We will definitely share these and more with the new ones.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • We just got done with the anatomy scan and... It's a boy!! I was convinced it would be a girl with both of our families having mostly girls. We both cried, and it's absolutely amazing to finally know!

Qotw: I've already started collecting all my favorite Disney movies and we're looking for collections of old looney tunes and HB cartoons. I can't wait to watch them all again!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • @Kelley421, good to know it's still girl girl boy! When you say "measuring 7 months", is that your belly circumference?
    And I agree, matching cribs is very exciting!

@andimegie325, congrats on the boy! I'm guessing all of the scan turned out great as well.
  • I've got a regular checkup appt this Friday. I've had another horrendous migraine for 5 days now and my dr. Ordered Imitrex, which is what I normally used to take pre-pregnancy. This one is definitely sinus related and I've been on a sudafed/Tylenol/Claritin cycle with hydrocodone (which just made me vomit, so I nixed that) and it was finally decided that 1 dose of Imitrex was better than handfuls of pills - so we'll see if that finally fixes it. Otherwise, it's a referral to the neurologist to find out what's going on. DH and I went to register and he put so much crap on the registry that I'll have to take off later. He was so serious about it - we NEED 2 diaper bags (still waiting on the rational behind that one - lol). And he scanned every pillow and onesie with a superhero cape. Not 1 crib sheet, bottle, diaper pkg, swaddling blanket, etc to be found. Needless to say, I've signed up Mr. Excitedly enthusiastic up for a newborn care class. He's so funny. He loves movies, so I pretty much have them all, on demand. Why pick a favorite?
  • @andimegie325 congratulations on the boy!!
    @MrsBwIVF they measure from top of pubic bone (I think) to the top of the uterus. Generally about 20w the uterus is at the belly button.
    It's fun we are doing the same things- paint and cribs! Are your twins sharing and going with neutral color?
    @Knottie4978096 boo on the migraine! Your registering story makes me laugh! Husbands just don't think quite the same. :)

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• @Knottie4978096, that sounds awful!!! I'm sorry you're dealing with migraines. And I'm sorry you also have a trigger happy husband. Mine wasn't allowed to touch the gun for this registry. After we did our wedding one, I went online to review it and saw the most random things! Gum, cases and cases of Mountain Dew, joke cds of people like Kenny G "just to make our friends laugh". He lost his privileges then and there.

@Kelley421, that's interesting. They have never measured my belly.
    I'm so excited for our cribs to arrive Wednesday! The mattresses came today and I almost cried!
    We will have ours share a room for the first few years, try to keep our spare bedroom as long as possible. Before we knew what they were, we decided on colors and a theme, one that would work for any combination. I'm not really into super pink for girls and super blue for boys, so it was always going to be a nice golden color with gold accent flecks on the crib wall. I'm super happy we figured that out a couple of weeks before the a/s.
    I'm trying to get as much as I can in gender neutral so A, either one can use it (like high chairs, car seats, bath towels) without getting the stink eye and B, because I know everyone else will buy gender specific items.
  • Hello, I am 41 years old and 14 weeks pregnant as of today so I am jumping from the first trimester check in to the second with you guys (my info is wrong, I put the date in wrong and can't fix it).
    I did 7 rounds of IUI and one of IVF with ICSI and am currently pregnant with twins. the cell free DNA test came back low prob for genetic disorders and consistent with girls. The anatomy scan isn't until October 2nd. I have an ob appointment tomorrow but I am not sure what will be done or discussed. I am happy to be joining you guys and I hope this means my morning sickness' days are numbered.

I love the Disney and Pixar movies. I own many and watch them over and over again. Matilda is on Tv right now and I am re-watching that again.
  • Hey everyone! I had to reschedule my appt last week for tomorrow.... Everything is very uneventful at this point. I'm just a little over 16wks.... Tired. Very tired. 

I just recently let DD (4) watch An American Tail and she loves it... She sings the songs, and asks to watch it over and over again. That was definitely one of my favorites, and the original Annie movie! Anything with a lot of songs, she loves. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsBwIVF the tech said everything looked great, we'll get the full Dr's report tomorrow. I wish we got some better sonograms, but it was great to see him bouncing around in there!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • @hopes4baby, congrats and welcome to 2nd tri! Also, congrats on two girls.

@potatocastillo, I hear you with the constantly being tired! Making babies is hard work! Good luck tomorrow.

@andimegie325, so glad it all went well! We were super grateful with Baby Bs sonogram photos as he cooperated. Our little girl, on the other hand, was being a brat and refused to hold still or turn her head.
  • It's just past midnight, so I am officially half-baked at 20 weeks!  Felt a little bit of kicking/movement the other night, I think.  You're supposed to feel it sooner the second time around but every time I've thought, "was that it?" it turned out to be gas...heh.  Anatomy scan is Wed so that will be awesome.

@MrsBwIVF, good luck with the names!  It's a big decision...
    @Kelley421, yay for new matching cribs!
    @andimegie325, congrats on team blue!
    @Knottie4978096, ha!  At least your DH is interested in the registry...mine was like, "yeah, that's all you."
    @potatocastillo, Feivel! I always forget about that movie...

QOTW: I love musicals, so Annie and Sound of Music and Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid will all be fun.  DH *loves* Wizard of Oz so I'm sure that will be a big one as well.  Didn't really have a favorite movie as a kid, though.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • @marnief, good luck tomorrow!!!!! How exciting!
  • Late this week, sorry! I'm at a conference in NY and the days have gotten away from me. My big news this week is that we are having a boy! Anatomy scan was great, I'm so happy to finally know :)

Sorry no personal replies today, I'm mobile and that always messes me up. I read all of your comments though, and am excited or sympathetic (migraines) where appropriate ;)

QOTW: so many! Totally 2nd the princess bride, and gremlins. I also loved Legend and the dark crystal as a kid. I'm so looking forward to sharing.
  • marniefmarnief member
    edited August 2015
    @emcarl24 congrats on Team Blue! How exciting!

Anatomy scan was great, so much fun. US tech and doc said that because of anterior placenta its normal not to feel movement, but she was certainly moving all around during the scan. Doc is happy with everything including my weight, so yay for that. Baby is currently transverse but there is still plenty of time for her to change position. Because of my history of breech with DD1, my next US is at 32 weeks, instead of the normal 36. Next app't is in a month and that's when I do my glucose testing.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • @emcarl24, congrats on team blue! And I'm glad someone else here understands the magic that is Princess Bride.

@marnief, so glad your scan went well!! I'm sorry lo has an anterior placenta, that's no fun.
  • Please add me :)
    I was 14 weeks on Sunday!  WOW 2nd tri. Still doesn't feel real.  So excited to join yall and can't wait to see my name move up the list!  We had a solo frosie from IVF#2 that we transferred in June and were shocked to find out it is a GIRL!  I have 2 boys in heaven and 2 here in my arms (4 year old and almost 2).  I am very blessed and I know it.This is my 6th pregnancy, its been a long road that I know you all are more than familiar with.  My next apt is an OB check up 9-16, but thankfully I have a home doppler and we heard the heartbeat last night.  I am averaging needing to hear it twice a week.  Finally starting to show a little and feeling better!  Ready to tackle some projects! 
    QOTW: I LOVED the little mermaid.  Ended up a swimmer through high school.  So to have my 3rd and final baby be a girl will be fun and I hope to share it with her.

EDD 2/21/16 with one girl
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • @jeannaqueena, welcome to 2nd tri! So sorry about your previous losses but glad your journey has found another happy ending.
  • @MrsBwIVF thanks so much! I am thrilled and still shocked we have made it this far. I think i am more terrified as i know how amazing this baby could be!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • We're 22 weeks tomorrow and I'm still in shock and awe every single day. Every child is a blessing but knowing our journey and the difficult road it took to get here, I feel extra grateful.
    Congrats on your little lady!
  • edited August 2015
    Hello all!

My monster ninja is doing well!!! He is measuring 11 days bigger but all in proportion so we are thinking it's my DH genes coming out! It doesn't help that I'm tiny but I can feel him all the time that he is moving! He is such a mover and wiggler it's pretty Amazing to feel him and is keeping me happy knowing he is in there.

I'm hoping to get cleared to fly on the 4th at my appointment. Had a scan last week and things were looking good. Bleeding is slowing and have very little for the last 3 days. Am much more active but this last month has taken a lot out of me!

I feel the migraines I'm getting them for the first time ever and they are awful
  • So glad things around going better for you @somewhereinafrica! Sounds like you're counting down the seconds until your appt. Good luck and keep us posted!