February 2016 Moms

Monday symptoms, questions and complaints

Re: Monday symptoms, questions and complaints

• So my boss has been passively accusing me of not really having as severe symptoms as I claim the entire time I've been pregnant - to the point that a while ago she demanded I show her the trash can I puked in to prove I really puked.

This morning in the middle of talking with her I started to get palpitations, got super light headed and managed to stumble into her chair before  passing out - then proceeded to puke all over her office while she held my hair back. Guess she won't be questioning me anymore!

But really, this morning is not all that rare for me - I have another emergency appointment today to see what the hell is going on and I'm starting to get concerned they will be putting me on bedrest soon, but the semester is just starting so I really hope they don't. At this point I'm just trying to avoid getting admitted, this whole second trimester will be better thing has been a real let down.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as me?? I feel pretty alone in how awful this has been going for my health.
    Feb'16 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite thing about fall

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So my boss has been passively accusing me of not really having as severe symptoms as I claim the entire time I've been pregnant - to the point that a while ago she demanded I show her the trash can I puked in to prove I really puked.

This morning in the middle of talking with her I started to get palpitations, got super light headed and managed to stumble into her chair before  passing out - then proceeded to puke all over her office while she held my hair back. Guess she won't be questioning me anymore!

But really, this morning is not all that rare for me - I have another emergency appointment today to see what the hell is going on and I'm starting to get concerned they will be putting me on bedrest soon, but the semester is just starting so I really hope they don't. At this point I'm just trying to avoid getting admitted, this whole second trimester will be better thing has been a real let down.

Is anyone else having as much trouble as me?? I feel pretty alone in how awful this has been going for my health.
    OMG. That is scary. Prayers that you get to feeling better and that the doc can give you some answers to help!
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • Loading the player...
  • Called off for the first time today... So nauseous and dizzy. Spending the day on the couch with light sparkling lemonade, crackers, and netflix. So far I'm not digging second trimester!
  • @kris10mac thanks, last time I passed out in a Chipotle (still made H get me food after haha) the doctor basically wrote me off to my primary. My heart is fine - they did an EKG and such - and I'm seeing the same doctor today (I'm switching practices because of last time but haven't finished switching yet unfortunately) so I'm not too hopeful for answers today but maybe they will surprise me! I appreciate the prayers <3

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Zepplin1218 Sorry you're feeling so sick! That sounds awful! I also think it's crappy that your boss has been questioning the severity of your symptoms. That is truly crossing a line. Hope you start to feel better soon.

• @Zepplin1218 that sounds awful! I hope you get some answers.

I feel tired and light-headed today. My classroom is freezing, which I usually hate, but today it's the only thing getting me through. The air feels so good.

Tried eating a snack, drinking tea, drinking water...still light-headed. I won't faint or anything, but I just wish I felt better.
  • I can't imagine having to teach while not feeling well, kudos to you for being a trooper @cantobean!

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cantobean said:
    @Zepplin1218 that sounds awful! I hope you get some answers. I feel tired and light-headed today. My classroom is freezing, which I usually hate, but today it's the only thing getting me through. The air feels so good. Tried eating a snack, drinking tea, drinking water...still light-headed. I won't faint or anything, but I just wish I felt better.
    The lightheadedness is my new least favorite pregnancy symptom. I was sitting in a meeting recently and my head just started spinning...I truly thought I was going to faint but had to try to keep it together and appear professional! I can't imagine how difficult it is to be teaching (and standing up) while feeling that way. I hope it passes for you soon! And thank goodness for a cold room, if only for today!
  • Wow, @Zepplin1218 that sounds horrible. I hope you get some answers today!

Question for all: my next appointment is Wednesday and they told me it would be a tummy check, no ultrasound. Will they still let me hear the heartbeat?
  • Wow, @Zepplin1218 that sounds horrible. I hope you get some answers today! Question for all: my next appointment is Wednesday and they told me it would be a tummy check, no ultrasound. Will they still let me hear the heartbeat?
    Most will - mine has every time, but you can always ask if they don't. Usually they won't charge for using the doppler and its really easy for them to get.

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't gone "to the bathroom" in now going on day 3! I've eaten fiber bars and taken colace... Ugh
  • @zepplin1218 - Passing out is very scary, in the very beginning of the 1st trimester, I also passed out. I was outside with my children, I managed to get the inside the house, take a break, then close the garage door and I passed out in the garage. No one was around. I came to and my children were standing by the door staring at me very scared. I really hope you feel better.

My complaint, my sciatic pain started last night! I woke up in the middle of the night with extremely uncomfortable pain on my entire right side. My buttcheek hurt so bad. Lol. Here comes the fun part! :/

• So glad I'm not the only one feeling lightheaded and having the spins. I especially get the spins when I lay down and close my eyes.
    Also headaches/migraines. I'm hungry but nothing sounds good and I don't want to just eat junk. It's starting to get depressing with this aversion to meat, I am usually a meat lover lol. And I think DH is starting to get annoyed with this lack of cooking
  • @Zepplin1218 Im so sorry, thats scary but almost triumphant that you did that in her office, "take that!" I hope you feel better and get some answers soon.

@tdoswell1 Dont rub it in! I would KILL for some nesting energy right now!!

@wisco29 Just wait.....

To the other ladies, I hate being lightheaded and dizzy. Mine has gotten better but it was rough for a while. I am battling heartburn like a motha right now thanks to my small Pepsi this am. I knew better and it was so NOT worth it. ugh.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @wisco29 I think someone has made suggestions for dried apricots or nectarines have helped with that problem..

@zepplin1218 I'm sorry that your boss was being a TW. Doesn't help how you feel when you're constantly under scrutiny like that!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • @wisco29 I've lost count myself. I'm just glad it hasn't gotten painful. I chowed down on grapes last night so hopefully....
  • @wisco29 @dragonfly321 the only thing that worked for me was 2 dulcolax and a glass of prune juice. I hope you both get some "relief" soon. :(

MMC Aug 2010
    DS1 Jan 2012
    DS2 July 2013
    DS3 February 2016

• @wisco29 I've lost count myself. I'm just glad it hasn't gotten painful. I chowed down on grapes last night so hopefully....

Ugh usually if it goes too long I end up throwing up.

@brushesnbrunch I'll have to try those, I don't think I've ever eaten an apricot
  • Just looked it up. It was dried apricots, not nectarines.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • @Zepplin1218 I hope you get some answers to why you are not feeling great and start to feel better soon!
  • I almost fainted in the grocery store over the weekend. I had to take my sweat shirt off, sit on the floor in middle of the aisle, and open a water that was in my cart.

I was fine after a few minutes but it was entertaining to say the least.
  • my emotions are just all over the place this week and it's so much worse this year..
    it's just such a weird couple days cause i have my 3rd wedding anniversary tomorrow which is awesome and celebratory. then the next day is the 2 year mark of when my dad passed away. life really doesn't care about things like dates and anniversaries so it's just such a mindfuck to be so happy yet so sad at the same time.. and pregnancy is so not helping this time around..
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• I threw up in the sink this morning but felt fine after, thankfully that's a rare occurrence these days. Still have the occasional constipation/gas pains and some days more energy than others. Overall, not too much to complain about - I think we are going to work on weeding our yard tonight so I'm actually kind of excited to have enough energy to help out and contribute to making it look nice. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the headache/dizzy club. I had a two day headache that floored me all weekend, kept me from Bumping (I couldn't stare at a bright screen) and I had to cancel a hair appointment that I desperately need. Still waiting on that second tri energy burst!
  • Light-headedness still, occasional gas pains, on and off hiccups, and sciatica issues if I sleep funny (I didn't flip my snoogle last night when switching sides like I usually do, so my hips, knees and left buttock hurts today). Going to call the PT today since I got a referral from my OB at my last appointment.

Also forcing myself to go on some walks throughout the day from now on because I just feel lazy and gross.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • This isn't really pregnancy related, but I need to whine somewhere.  My husband has to use a huge laptop for work and recently bought a very expensive laptop bag to go with it since he travels for work pretty frequently.  It was the only one he could find that fit this monstrosity of a computer, so we figured he could use it as a diaper bag down the line to justify the cost.  Anyway, my cat peed on it last night.  And anyone with a cat knows how impossible it is to get that smell out.  Poor guy is gonna be the most unpopular person on the plane next week.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm still so sleepy, come back to me energy!! I've missed you :( I'm ready to have a clean house again and the gumption to do something other than nap. The nausea has let up a few days now but Zantac is still my best friend. And my sciatica is going strong...I feel like a very old woman this week. A very lumpy bloated old woman

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for all the kind wishes ladies - and I hope all of you start feeling better asap as well. Sciatica is no walk in the park.

Just had my appointment, they're sending me to a cardiologist (fun). LO is well and all labs check out so if the cardiologist says I'm fine she said I'll be sent home if I keep having episodes *sigh* bed rest sounds like a nice break at first but I can't skip all my classes so either way its not the best. Hopefully this goes away!

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This isn't really pregnancy related, but I need to whine somewhere.  My husband has to use a huge laptop for work and recently bought a very expensive laptop bag to go with it since he travels for work pretty frequently.  It was the only one he could find that fit this monstrosity of a computer, so we figured he could use it as a diaper bag down the line to justify the cost.  Anyway, my cat peed on it last night.  And anyone with a cat knows how impossible it is to get that smell out.  Poor guy is gonna be the most unpopular person on the plane next week.

That sucks terribly!! Have you ever tried baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mixed if its safe for the material? It even got skunk smell off my dogs!

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Zepplin1218 I'm sorry you're going through all that- how scary! Hopefully everything goes well at the cardiologist! Sending prayers your way. Could you reach out to your professors and ask for work at home?

I've had a couple really bad dizzy spells after standing up, but haven't actually passed out. I usually just grab onto something and steady myself. My grandma told me she used to have those and to take my time standing up, and then wait for a minute before walking, and it seems to have helped a bit.

• Thank you for all the kind wishes ladies - and I hope all of you start feeling better asap as well. Sciatica is no walk in the park.

Just had my appointment, they're sending me to a cardiologist (fun). LO is well and all labs check out so if the cardiologist says I'm fine she said I'll be sent home if I keep having episodes *sigh* bed rest sounds like a nice break at first but I can't skip all my classes so either way its not the best. Hopefully this goes away!

You know, now that I think about it, your symptoms sound exactly like mine when I was on the OR table and got the spinal. I'm pretty sure the nurse said it causes hypotension and I might feel light headed and vomit. Sure enough, i had palpitations, felt cold but clammy, then light headedness then the vomit came. Ugh! It was a horrible feeling! :/
    Hope you feel better!

• @jaimeruns (BTW typing your username, I really like it!) - I let them know a while ago that I've been having trouble but they won't talk to me about options until class starts, I wasn't too impressed lol. But hopefully! They're both science classes but no labs so that helps!

@DaisyTortilla I thought it was a case of hypotension too, I'm sorry you've felt it too! It sucks

Married 05/2014
    FTM

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @acuteangles our cat peed on our COUCH multiple times when we brought our rescue stray in. Natures Miracle has a formula specifically to get rid of cat urine, it breaks down those enzymes that make it sooooo smelly. Our couch is like new, and thankfully our cat stopped marking.
    That sucks terribly!! Have you ever tried baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mixed if its safe for the material? It even got skunk smell off my dogs!
    No, but I will check it out!  Thank you!

• hlmdeck said:
    @acuteangles our cat peed on our COUCH multiple times when we brought our rescue stray in. Natures Miracle has a formula specifically to get rid of cat urine, it breaks down those enzymes that make it sooooo smelly. Our couch is like new, and thankfully our cat stopped marking.
    Hmmm, I will check this out too!  Couch pee is the worst to get out - if it worked for you, it gives me some hope!!!

• @jaimeruns (BTW typing your username, I really like it!) - I let them know a while ago that I've been having trouble but they won't talk to me about options until class starts, I wasn't too impressed lol. But hopefully! They're both science classes but no labs so that helps! @DaisyTortilla I thought it was a case of hypotension too, I'm sorry you've felt it too! It sucks

LOL thanks! FX that they work with you. I feel like most professors are pretty cool about stuff like that... Feel better soon!  :)
  • graceinchaosgraceinchaos member
    edited August 2015

hlmdeck said:

@acuteangles our cat peed on our COUCH multiple times when we brought our rescue stray in. Natures Miracle has a formula specifically to get rid of cat urine, it breaks down those enzymes that make it sooooo smelly. Our couch is like new, and thankfully our cat stopped marking.

Hmmm, I will check this out too!  Couch pee is the worst to get out - if it worked for you, it gives me some hope!!!

----eta quote fail----
    Yes! We've used this. When we moved our cat tried marking the carpet by the back door, as strays would come up to the door and stare at him lol. Thankfully he has outgrown that phase, but this stuff was a lifesaver!!!

Happy October :D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Emmett Austin Langford, born sleeping 2.25.15

"Once you are Real you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." 
    || The Velveteen Rabbit ||

>>> BFP 6.6.15, Rainbow due 2.6.15! <<<
    >>We are Team Pink!<<

I write over at Grace In Chaos.
  • My upper back has been killing me today. I think it's from the weight of my boobs since I'm thinking my DD bras are finally about to call it quits. I was close to being in a DDD prepregnancy but now it's not a question. Woof