TTC After a Loss
Options

First period after stillbirth

i gave birth to my son a little over 3 weeks ago. I had bleeding for about a week and a half and then a little spotting that has stopped within the last week. I'm curious how long it took for your period to come back as we only have to wait on period before trying again... I've never wanted a period so badly!!

Re: First period after stillbirth

• Options
    Hi, so so sorry for your loss I can't imagine having to go through a still birth.
    I had a m/c confirmed on 10th July and passed everything on the 23rd July, bled for a little afterwards but now I'm nearing on 4wks with nothing, really want to start trying again so I definitely sympathise that the wait for a period seems so long!x
  • Options
    I had a stillbirth on the 10th of July, had a d&c on the 1st of August, stopped bleeding on the 17th of August, then had an ultrasound on the 20th where the doctor estimated I'd get my period in 3 to 4 weeks, so around the 2 month mark after my son's birthday. Everyone's body is different so I think it's just a wait and see thing.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited August 2015
    I gave birth to my daughter (full term) and bled for 4 weeks. Then I got my period about 6 weeks after that. But I have PCOS a and only ovulate on metformin. I started metformin around 6 weeks after birth so it took another 4 weeks to get a period. So I'm sure it took longer in my case
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I gave birth and bled for about 3/4 weeks, stopped bleeding, then had what I think was a period for about 2ish weeks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    N021282N021282 member
    edited August 2015
    I am so sorry for your loss. I had my D&C on the 3rd of June and started temping the next day. I am currently on day 20 of this cycle and haven't even ovulated yet. I think it takes a while for your body to get back to normal.

I really hope that your physical and emotional recovery is as smooth as possible. You are in my T & P's.

Edited: Posted before I was done typing.