August 2015 Moms

lack of appetite

Just curious if any mommies have experienced a lack of appetite since LO has been born? Nothing is appealing to me these days..

Re: lack of appetite

• I have! I've been so busy feeding that I feel like I barely eat. I'm 10 days PP and down about 30 pounds, I think largely because I don't have any appetite.
  • I eat small snacks, yogurt, granola, raisin toast. I try to eat while I'm feeding to make sure I have some energy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I pretty much have to force myself to eat. I was like that most of my pregnancy. I'm 3 weeks PP and over 15lb BELOW my pre pregnancy weight.
  • Yep! I'm 7 days post partum and already down 18 lbs as of yesterday. But I eat for sure! Like you though....nothing is really appealing.
  • No appetite at all. Trying to have light snacks throughout the day. With my first I felt starving all the time while BFing but not this time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I definitely always feel like that the first week. Too busy to even think about food and then when I do eat I'm full halfway through. I find that my appetite returns in a couple weeks though.
  • Same. Hubby realized I'd only had a bagel by dinner time and made me eat, but nothing sounds appealing. Which he's probably right. Down 18 pounds one week pp but I only gained 25. About to go force some oatmeal down. I hear it's good for BF?
  • Yeah, I could probably go all day without eating, but I'm determined to keep up my milk supply, so I force myself to eat.
  • I'm having a hard time eating too! I'm already down 19 lbs 2 weeks pp. trying hard to just put anything in my mouth.
  • I definitely had zero appetite or thirst when she was born. I started getting them back with a vengeance about a week and a half PP.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
  • Same here. No interest. Every day has been the same.. yogurt, banana, bagel with peanut butter... then force something for dinner... sometimes
  • I had this issue for about a week pp. I'm 2 weeks pp now. I've already lost 20 pounds and have 10 to go to get to pre pregnancy weight. Luckily, I have an appetite now and can enjoy meals our friends bring us.
  • jlsweets said:

No appetite at all. Trying to have light snacks throughout the day. With my first I felt starving all the time while BFing but not this time!

Same! I was looking forward to the massive appetite I had last time after DD was born, having had zero space for food during pregnancy. I am probably eating even less than 'pre pregnancy normal' since LO was born. Too much makes me feel sick.
  • I may have just given birth yesterday morning, but yes. Lol. I'm pretty much forcing myself to eat because I should be. I see from your responses that it will probably continue for a week or a few..
  • kelseyrayaykelseyrayay member
    edited August 2015
    With my lack of appetite I have found no time to eat. I'm either pumping or cleaning or trying to catch up on sleep or changing a diaper. You catch my drift. I kind of just eat when I can.
  • Between my 3 year old and new baby, I have little time to eat. I'm 11 days PP and down 25 pounds.

• I'm 10 days pp and down 25 lbs... 11 to go back to pre pregnancy weight! I wasn't hungry for the first day or so... now I can't stop eating.
  • 12 days PP and down about 27 lbs.. But I was down 27 lbs like in the first week, and now I'm stuck at my current weight.
  • I'm starving most of the time, but busy nursing or pumping. I try to eat right after pumping so LO I'd quiet for a minute. And I feel like I'm constantly drinking water. I haven't even looked at the scale so who knows. I'm not worried about it at all.
  • I devoured all hospital food but I think that was due to being on the clear liquid diet during my long induction. Then I got home and have not had much to eat most days as nothing sounds good and today she is 4 weeks old! I am down 6 pounds from prepregnancy weight but I am overweight to begin with...