TTC after 35

TWW post (week of 8/17 - 8/23)

Hi everyone!  This is a two week wait post for anyone who is in or soon will be in the TWW. Tell us your symptoms (no matter how crazy they may be!), how many DPO you are, and when/if you'll test. Good luck everyone!

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: TWW post (week of 8/17 - 8/23)

• 4dpo here. No idea why the heck I ovulated on CD10!!! We BDed every day except -1, so now I'm left hoping that our timing worked.
    I swear ever since we started actively trying my cycle has been trying to punk me!

Anyways, no symptoms so far. I'm scared to even think about them and the ugly obsession they come with ahah.
    Anniversary
  • Good luck ladies!!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • @thistle8677 fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you. Keep us posted!!!
  • Just poking my head to say that I'm at 12dpo, tested with FRER, and BFN.  My TWW ended today.  I think I'm out. 

Next cycle, I'm not to going to test until 12 dpo.  I pretty much ruined my weekend peeing on sticks.

And if things go as expected, I'll have jury duty on the day I'll probably need to have my next IUI.  I.... don't even know.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I'm either 1dpo or it is O day. I stopped temping and am realizing I don't miss it, but it means I am reliant only on the relative ambiguity of opks (hit peak yesterday). My cm seems to have dried up (clomid, I think) so I can't even go by that. But I DID have some serious abdominal pain yesterday afternoon that I think could have been O pain, which I hear can be worse on clomid. I'm feeling hopeful. Which is terrifying.

@KLake42 I'm sorry. If, indeed, you do need to have an IUI next month and it happens to coincide with jury duty, I say screw the judicial system. Our ovaries come first!
  • I think I'm 11dpo today. But, tbh, I'm not even sure I Oed this cycle (no I don't temp - makes me ridiculously anxious and I can't sleep when I try). My cm never dried up and starting yesterday, I've been getting globs of pale yellow ewcm. Wtf? Super crampy and face breaking out. It's quite hot right now so, that could be causing crappity skin and the overall yickie feeling I've got. And today, I got an almost positive OPK so I'm really thinking just annovulatory.

Fxed for me that I don't get AF at my ALL WHITE event on Thursday night (she's scheduled for Friday).

• I'm sorry @KLake42. :(
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @thistle8677 have fun on your vacation!!! Fingers crossed that this is it!

@KLake42 so sorry :(

I'm going to stop temping in a couple of days, so that I don't get crushed seeing the temp drop around 11dpo. It would be nice if AF could hold off for a day for once and let me at least experience the fun of POAS! My box of FRERs is still intact :-/
    Anniversary
  • Good luck @emsmama15! FX for you.
  • According to FF, I'm currently at 4dpo but I'm still having a hard time believing I actually O'd on CD11... When I do O, t's anywhere between CD 18-29. So maybe this is an amazing miracle, or maybe my temps have been up for some other reason? I never got a +OPK or EWCM (which is usually quite abundant) so if it wasn't for temping, I wouldn't suspect anything. Except I'm now getting some cramping and pinkish-cm...I really doubt it could be implantation spotting since it's so early. I really, really hope AF isn't going to go super nuts on me and come way too early. I'm traveling up in Maine with H and just bought some pads in case of an emergency.

@KLake42 - what a bummer! But it sounds like you're working out a good plan for next cycle and that your ovaries are responding well to the medication.

@emsmama15 - oooooh, I really hope this is it for you!!! I'll be thinking of you during this TWW!!!!

@BulgariHeart - fingers crossed for you!!! Glad that you still managed to get some BD in, even with the surprise early O!!

@thistle8677 - enjoy your vacation! I really hope this is your time.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • @KLake42 -- sorry about the bfn :(. But glad to hear you have found a good protocol - wishing you luck on the next cycle.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Just checking in over here! Just finishing up 4dpo so no symptoms. We'll see how the temps go next week and look into testing next Friday. No sense worrying for now :)

@KLake42 sorry about the BFN :(
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• I stressed out so much my last TWW that I didn't temp or do OPK this month. It's kind of my mental break, but I should be around 4dpo. I want to test now, but trying to hold off. I hate the TWW....trying to keep busy but really!?!? LOL
    FX for everyone!
  • Good Luck to all the ladies testing today and this weekend!
  • I think I'm out! Even though my temp is still climbing, the cramping/spotting is increasing. The pain is REALLY intense. And this is the shortest cycle I've had in a loooong time (if it's truly the start of AF, it's a 17-day cycle - BLAH!).
    :((
  • I think I'm out too. I have no symptoms whatsoever, except for the annoying back pain I usually get when AF is approaching. Should be 10dpo today and hoping I can get a 14 day LP at least, which is one my acupuncturist's goals.
    @jilligan14 I hope it's not AF! Keep us posted.
    Anniversary
  • Haven't tested yet. I don't have tests with me and am not going out of my way to shop for them here. We're flying back home on Thursday so if AF is a no show by then, I'll test on Friday. It would be my first :) I'd be really surprised if I get to take it....
    Blah.
    Anniversary
  • @emsmama15- Oooooh!!! So exciting!!! Fingers are crossed for you! I really, really, really hope this is it for you!!!
  • @emsmama15 sounds promising! FX. Please keep us posted!!!
  • Oh man . . . the first week of my TWW was no big deal . . . but I can just tell it's going to be a struggle waiting until Friday to test. I'm going to try my best to hold out until Wednesday at least. Coworker is bringing in her 5 week old baby tomorrow for a visit . . . I'll have to be strong!
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada