Trouble TTC
Options

There IS hope!! TTC With Mediocre Sperm Count (BFP Mentioned)

desertheartdesertheart member
edited August 2015 in Trouble TTC
I haven't been here in awhile, but I had to share this with hopes it might help someone.

Hubby and I have tried to conceive for almost 4 years.  Went through tests, procedures, etc.  The only thing that was wrong was that my husband had mediocre sperm counts.  His motility and morphology could be better in some samples, and others were okay.  Then, it was suspected that I had endo.  I was told that I had a 1-2% chance to conceive without intervention.  

I put IUI/IVF on hold while I figured out another medical issue this last 8 months or so.  Turned out it was gallbladder.  Had it removed in April and feel so much better.

During this time, I started going to holistic pelvic care.  She is a medical doctor but now practicing Mayan abdominal massage/holistic care.  She mentioned that with low motility and morphology the problem is getting enough sperm up there.  She said at a recent conference she heard a urologist speak about his research on low morph/motility counts in relation to frequency of sex.  Apparently the data shows you should be having sex several times a day during your fertile period.  She joked that "you've got to hit it pretty hard."

This seemed to go against all the infertility books I've read, which said you should spread out frequency (and that's how we had been doing it).  But what the heck did we have to lose?  We tried it.  She gave us this advice in June and this week I got a BFP!!!!!  

Now, maybe it was the abdominal massage putting everything in its correct place.  Maybe my body was stressed out from gallbladder disease.  But, I can't believe no one ever mentioned frequency.  In all the RE and Uro appointments, no one ever asked us about frequency, etc.  I feel that it was something so simple.    

I knew in my gut I'd get a BFP (after literally throwing hundreds of dollars in the trash can these last 4 years), because I had cramping for two days and no period.  The big give away was a strange craving for strawberry Pop Tarts and then crying at the vending machine at work when they were out.  LOL!!  

Lots of love and baby dust to everyone here!!  <3  

Re: There IS hope!! TTC With Mediocre Sperm Count (BFP Mentioned)